Blue nova BP vs DU battery

Heino

Good morning.

My dad wants to install a back up system for loadshedding.He only wants a inverter and battery for now,escom to charge battery.Solar panels will come later.We are looking at a blue nova battery.I see there is a DU and BP battery in the range.Which one of these do we get for this application.

22 hours ago, Heino said:

Good morning.

My dad wants to install a back up system for loadshedding.He only wants a inverter and battery for now,escom to charge battery.Solar panels will come later.We are looking at a blue nova battery.I see there is a DU and BP battery in the range.Which one of these do we get for this application.

The DU stands for daily cycling which means they are intended to be used in a system with PV panels.

BP stands for back up power and are intended to be used to supply loads during outages only with limited cycling. This model can however still be cycled daily but offers a lower cycle count compared to the DU model ( 8000 cycles for DU vs 4000 cycles for BP)