MORE ESKOM WOES... is that possible?

ye... but they want bail out money at the moment from Goverment, the worse they can make it look, the more likely it is they will get it.

If everything was running ok'ish, would they get money, nope, but if they got to paint a picture thats wheels off, and we need to get that to keep the lights on, then chances are better they will get it.

old ting of, no one has money for backup systems until they've lost data, then suddenly they have budget, no one has money to give to eskom, as long as the lights are on, lights off and everyone will have money.

G

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The open tag is implicit 😛 (in SGML there really is such a thing as an implicit close tag... not an open tag though. It was a nightmare to support in parsers).

In February EWN reported they burn 100 million a day. In March, EWN reported that it was 5Bn total for a period of three to five months, so if we give them the benefit of the doubt it is a billion a m

Well, the courts are clawing back some of the state capture money. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-06-18-trillian-ordered-to-pay-back-ill-gotten-gains/  

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, plonkster said:

I don't buy it. It's months before an important election, with the new incumbent desperately seeking to reverse the downwards support trend. Eskom would simply not be allowed by their main shareholder to pull such a stunt.

Way I look at it is that it between the factions in the ANC.

Cyril the one side, Zupta camp the other. The Zupta camp (Z-Camp) that has a hand on the "breaker" at Eskom i.e. the camp that got all those employees employed, the camp that will do whatever it takes to make Cyril look incompetent.

And then we also have to consider the implications IF Cyril's camp does pull it off ... we will need to build more jails ... so the Z-Camp will fight him all the way, whatever it takes.

3 hours ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

Way I look at it is that it between the factions in the ANC.

But I'd think that both factions would prefer not to edge even closer to the 50% divide. If the ANC loses the majority (now, in 5 years, etc) both factions lose.

11 hours ago, georgelza said:

ye... but they want bail out money at the moment from Goverment, the worse they can make it look, the more likely it is they will get it.

If everything was running ok'ish, would they get money, nope, but if they got to paint a picture thats wheels off, and we need to get that to keep the lights on, then chances are better they will get it.

old ting of, no one has money for backup systems until they've lost data, then suddenly they have budget, no one has money to give to eskom, as long as the lights are on, lights off and everyone will have money.

G

LOL, like the flurry of new folks on power forum!

3 hours ago, seant said:

Yes exactly that's what the forum is about. But quite a few questions that are being asked are already there on the forum maybe in diffrent wording

ye... but in this world, like in IT, thins constantly change, and a answer and experience of a product yesterday does not always still apply as new better products become available of more experience is experienced...

G

15 hours ago, plonkster said:

But I'd think that both factions would prefer not to edge even closer to the 50% divide. If the ANC loses the majority (now, in 5 years, etc) both factions lose.

From what I read in the papers, they are not sitting around the same light bulb ... that is if Eskom is even on. 🙂 

The one side seems to want all the money they can take - they have "earned" it in their warped minds.
The other side wants to make the ANC work again as it was supposed to be.
The twain shall not meet.

They will start losing more votes this coming election, as more and more voters are without power, resulting in more strife and vicious attacks on each other to follow after the elections until such time as the Gen Y and Z take over. Like the school children all over the world https://www.theguardian.com/environment/live/2019/mar/15/climate-strikes-2019-live-latest-climate-change-global-warming

Love the part of trophy's just for participating! 🤣

3 hours ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

Love the part of trophy's just for participating! 🤣

this is both scary and funny, tear-jerking funny and totally whacko... in my cocoon of 'common-sense' i was hitherto unaware of this trash and obviously had to google a bit. the most astounding piece of unadulterated skubalon is the bit about this girl "Greta Thunberg",  and her "cause" - then again, anything goes if the alternative is attending school,  or does it? 🤨

1 hour ago, Gabriël said:

this is both scary and funny, tear-jerking funny and totally whacko... in my cocoon of 'common-sense' i was hitherto unaware of this trash and obviously had to google a bit. the most astounding piece of unadulterated skubalon is the bit about this girl "Greta Thunberg",  and her "cause" - then again, anything goes if the alternative is attending school,  or does it? 🤨

Don't delve too deep into what is happening around the world and the younger generations and their views of everything.

You will get seriously worried. No jokes.

41 minutes ago, Gabriël said:

sa has huge coal reserves BUT the best stuff is exported through richardsbay. the bad quality stuff is shipped to the power stations where it causes failures etc... vicious circle...

And then you have the transportation of that coal that is costing a small fortune, not to mention the cost to keep the roads repaired.

46 minutes ago, Gabriël said:

sa has huge coal reserves BUT the best stuff is exported through richardsbay. the bad quality stuff is shipped to the power stations where it causes failures etc... vicious circle...

Yes and no. Metallurgical coal and anthracite are exported, the power stations are designed to take lower quality bituminous coal.

16 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

Don't delve too deep

wise council! :D

lest we get to the bottom of it:

Psalm 14:3 "Hulle het almal afgewyk, tesame het hulle ontaard; daar is niemand wat goed doen, ook nie een nie."
Psalm 14:4 "Het al die werkers van ongeregtigheid dan geen kennis nie, die wat my volk opeet [asof] hulle brood eet? Hulle roep die HERE nie aan nie."

Edited by Gabriël
2 hours ago, Gabriël said:

In addition to what @DeepBass9 said, a lot of the good coal belongs to Glencore. You know those guys who got fined by Eskom for bad coal, then pushed into selling their mine to The Guptas... just as the Guptas got a deposit for the coal they are going to deliver soon...

59 minutes ago, plonkster said:

In addition to what @DeepBass9 said, a lot of the good coal belongs to Glencore. You know those guys who got fined by Eskom for bad coal, then pushed into selling their mine to The Guptas... just as the Guptas got a deposit for the coal they are going to deliver soon...

again the smell of decaying rats fills the “Vêr verlate vlaktes...”

Who bought all our oil reserves?

Major international commodity trader, Glencore, was mentioned in a report as the main buyer of the oil. Glencore’s CEO, Ivan Glasenberg is a close associate of President Cyril Ramaphosa, with a working relationship spanning almost 20 years.

President Ramaphosa has invested [sic] interest in Glencore, being represented through his own local mining company, Pembani.

Recently Glencore and Glasenberg have been subpoenaed by the United States Government under money laundering and anti-corruption laws.

🤨🙄🤔

It is just extortion on the highest level! Major repair issues but the moment the 11 billion loan cheque cleared the bank load-shedding taper off within days. This game they are playing to get higher tariffs to feed the over staffed monster will go too far and end up with a 2 week blackout. 

4 hours ago, Ronnie_V said:

end up with a 2 week blackout

I take these kinds of prognosis very seriously. I know that across the nation we have guys standing around a braaivleis fire telling tales about how it is all going down the drain... however I see few of those same kinds of people putting their houses on the market and so on. This leads me to believe that a lot of the scary talk is a cultural kind of "say the worst so you're unlikely to be wrong" kin of thing. The reality -- how people really feel -- seems to be somewhere in the middle. But how people feel (aka sentiment) and what is actually going on (aka fundamentals) does not necessarily align... for that we need information, in other words, good work by Journalists.

That's one reason I'm actually getting a little irritated by Ted Blom's two-colour hairdo. I'd like to hear someone else's story now... surely there has to be more people with inside knowledge that can corroborate the story? Right now Mr. Blom is like a kind of Messiah telling us what we like to hear (in a manner of speaking). I am sure it is all true, make no mistake, but all I've seen in the media for weeks now is stories that tell me what I already know.

I have no doubt that an eventual total blackout is coming, if things are left on their present course. If that happens, I'm getting out of the country for a few weeks.