Hi Guys,

After a very long journey and what seemed to be impossible initially, we are very proud to announce that ICC version 2.3.0 is finally out.  Among others it includes support for both Blue Nova batteries as well as the Pylontech lithium range, iwhich means that anyone with those batteries don't need to resolve to the use of a BMV-702 any more, as those have their own built-in battery monitors, and they can now report their SOC, voltage, etc directly to ICC.  This also makes switching between PV and grid A LOT more accurate and more importantly, the batteries don't get overcharged or over discharged, ensuring their maximum performance and life cycle.

The new version also allows the user to get his system up and running in less than a minute, as we now provide a simple signup form which auto-creates the user's account in the cloud, including 3 beautiful and easy to understand dashboards.  The new account is then also automatically configured on the user's Pi.  All they have to do is select their inverter and they are done ;).

IOS AND ANDROID APP SUPPORT!!  Upon registering we send a link to every user for the relevant Android or IOS apps, so they can connect their system to their cellphones easily.

We can also support all 9 Axpert inverters in parallel, as well as have the ability to continue monitoring should some of the inverters be turned off at night (some people do that to conserve night time energy and turn them back on the next morning for maximum PV generation).

We also re-wrote portions of emoncms with custom widgets to make the cloud-based dashboards more beautiful and intuitive. 

Support for the Infinisolar E 5.5kw has also been added, as well as the load switching ability for the Infinisolar V series (PV/Grid/Batteries or PV/Batteries/Grid)

Grab this new image at www.centurionsolar.co.za right away!  We even offer free trial keys for those that have an inverter and just want to check it out as well, so what are you waiting for?!

Here are some screenshots of the new cloud dashboards:

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 10.24.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 10.24.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 10.24.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 10.23.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 10.23.38 AM.png

Hi SolarNoob,

This version took the better part of 2 months coding at an average of 19hours a day :).  The Windows version will take some time from here, as our main efforts are focused around the Pi.  Why not switch to the Raspberry version? It uses less power, runs more stable, has more features, doesn't have to share it's platform with 10 million other apps, is custom built both from a hardware and software perspective, and at this moment has way more features than the windows version. lol..

Have a good one!

@watkykjy1  Marvellous update.  ICC far surpasses other software with the new features few issues though

1. I did the in-app update using update button -  Should I be using a fresh image? - what is the recommended path 

2. I could not see a button or tab where I can selectively switch off inverters 

3. ICC posting is not working to centurionsolar - On the threads tab under EMONCMS 2  - " Error posting data - Error 401"

3. How long the centurionsolarservers keep the data - If more than 6 months then I can just switch off local EmonCMS  and post to EMONCMS and centurionsolar ( unless you want to add one more cloud posting :) 

I am under user ID : ghatikar  and machine can be acessed using REALVNC  i believe  @Manie already has access enabled.

2 hours ago, ghatikar said:

@watkykjy1  Marvellous update.  ICC far surpasses other software with the new features few issues though

1. I did the in-app update using update button -  Should I be using a fresh image? - what is the recommended path 

2. I could not see a button or tab where I can selectively switch off inverters 

3. ICC posting is not working to centurionsolar - On the threads tab under EMONCMS 2  - " Error posting data - Error 401"

3. How long the centurionsolarservers keep the data - If more than 6 months then I can just switch off local EmonCMS  and post to EMONCMS and centurionsolar ( unless you want to add one more cloud posting :) 

I am under user ID : ghatikar  and machine can be acessed using REALVNC  i believe  @Manie already has access enabled.

Hi Ghatikar,

1.  The in-app update is sufficient, unless you want a new image, but that's not required ;).

2.  We only support the user turning off the inverters manually.  All it means is that the app won't crash if you have 6 inverters specified, but you turn off 3 at night.  It will simply carry on reading the 3 that's still on, and if you manually turn them on again tomorrow morning, then they will carry on working as 6 again.

3.  Just restart your pi after registering on the site, so that your system can be identified fully and start posting.  Please let me know if this solves it.

4.  At this point we keep the data forever.  As demand, data, etc grow, we will look at expanding it, so it should be safe to keep posting in the cloud.  We already spoke about a third cloud posting option, but the pro's and con's regarding this still need some thought...

Thanks so much for your feedback, please let us know if you came right.  If not, either myself or Manie will try to jump on your Pi and have a look quickly..

28 minutes ago, watkykjy1 said:

Integrity is choosing your thoughts, words and actions based on values rather than personal gain.

Post edited.

I decided to just go with a straight apology. Clearly I offended you. I don't know anything about the code quality and it was not my intent to comment on that. I doubted that you have that kind of stamina and had a bit of a knee-jerk outburst. There is no personal gain for me here. The software I work on will never enter this market.

20 minutes ago, plonkster said:

Post edited.

I decided to just go with a straight apology. Clearly I offended you. I don't know anything about the code quality and it was not my intent to comment on that. I doubted that you have that kind of stamina and had a bit of a knee-jerk outburst. There is no personal gain for me here. The software I work on will never enter this market.

Apology accepted ;).

5 minutes ago, watkykjy1 said:

Apology accepted ;).

And just in case anyone misunderstand that last bit, the reason I won't get involved with your side of the world is because Voltronic is a direct competitor. If I ever put in the 100 lines of code to fill the gap (it's a rough estimate), it would help them in an area I don't want to help them in :-)

5 hours ago, watkykjy1 said:

.  Just restart your pi after registering on the site, so that your system can be identified fully and start posting.  Please let me know if this solves it.

Rebooted . also cross-checked if the  WriteApi was correct. - still no luck 

Interestingly ICC thread does not show error now but there is no input reported on emoncms  both remote ( Centurionsolar) and local host 

The local was not working for a long time ( i think from 2.6 or 2.7 ) but remote to emoncms.org was working - see screenshot 

Have sent the password to @Manie

emoncms.org.JPG

Where can one find details of the Pi software? I see only a download option on the website. E.g.

1. What Pi (minimum) is needed? Would my PiZeroW suffice?
2. Is the Pi dedicated to this ICC task? Or can I continue running my own apps on it?
3. What minimum OS version (and other lib versions) is required by ICC software?
4. Can it use the Pi's bluetooth to communicate with the BMV-712 instead of a physical port?

Thx!

15 hours ago, ghatikar said:

Rebooted . also cross-checked if the  WriteApi was correct. - still no luck 

Interestingly ICC thread does not show error now but there is no input reported on emoncms  both remote ( Centurionsolar) and local host 

The local was not working for a long time ( i think from 2.6 or 2.7 ) but remote to emoncms.org was working - see screenshot 

Have sent the password to @Manie

emoncms.org.JPG

Hi Ghatikar,

After looking at it on your pi, it seems like your local Apacche server has a corrupt database.  I also saw that you are running quite an old version of Raspberry pi, so upgrading your entire pi to the latest image is recommended if you can do that?  If you want, just go to www.centurionsolar.co.za and click on the Download link, and the ICC PI V2 link will get you started.  Just remember to make a backup of your existing key before you burn the new image, as you will need that again once done.

Please let us know if this solves your problem or if you have any further queries we can assist with.

Kind Regards

On 4/6/2018 at 9:20 AM, OomD said:

Where can one find details of the Pi software? I see only a download option on the website. E.g.

1. What Pi (minimum) is needed? Would my PiZeroW suffice?
2. Is the Pi dedicated to this ICC task? Or can I continue running my own apps on it?
3. What minimum OS version (and other lib versions) is required by ICC software?
4. Can it use the Pi's bluetooth to communicate with the BMV-712 instead of a physical port?

Thx!

More Oom,

1.  The software was developed for Pi 3B or better, so that is the recommended spec.

2.  We always tell people to use the Pi as a dedicated monitoring device.  Of course nothing prevents you from running Kodi or any other apps, but it's nice to have it separated.

3.  If you go to your website (www.centurionsolar.co.za) and click on downloads you will see an entire Raspbian OS image already created with all the required apps, libraries, web server, etc already installed, so just download that and burn to an SD card and you are good to go.

4.  We do not use the Bluetooth module for BMV communication, firstly because it's not coded and secondly because in testing we found that it's a little unstable if you have other devices in the house that can interfere, so we tend to just use the cable and not have to deal with any of that.

Hope this helps, please shout if you have any further questions, or pop us a mail from our website, we'd be glad to help!

Kind Reagrds

On 4/6/2018 at 5:16 PM, watkykjy1 said:

Hi Ghatikar,

After looking at it on your pi, it seems like your local Apacche server has a corrupt database.  I also saw that you are running quite an old version of Raspberry pi, so upgrading your entire pi to the latest image is recommended if you can do that?  If you want, just go to www.centurionsolar.co.za and click on the Download link, and the ICC PI V2 link will get you started.  Just remember to make a backup of your existing key before you burn the new image, as you will need that again once done.

Please let us know if this solves your problem or if you have any further queries we can assist with.

Kind Regards

@watkykjy1 Updated to fresh PI image downloaded from website. The problem still exists  but I could nail it down to one reason 

IN Detail,

Downloaded fresh image - checked local emoncms working - did the necessary settings as per my install - NO emoncms posting!

Again started from the fresh image - no PI settings changed only changed in ICC - NO EMONCMS posting

Again started from fresh - went one setting at a time - every time checking if EMONCMS was working BINGO - it seems for whatever reason enabling BMV on USB tickmark stops EMONCMS posting immediately. -  The moment the BMV is disabled EMONCMS posting is back. 

The system is online if you want to have a look ( at the moment BMV disabled) 

3 hours ago, ghatikar said:

@watkykjy1 Updated to fresh PI image downloaded from website. The problem still exists  but I could nail it down to one reason 

IN Detail,

Downloaded fresh image - checked local emoncms working - did the necessary settings as per my install - NO emoncms posting!

Again started from the fresh image - no PI settings changed only changed in ICC - NO EMONCMS posting

Again started from fresh - went one setting at a time - every time checking if EMONCMS was working BINGO - it seems for whatever reason enabling BMV on USB tickmark stops EMONCMS posting immediately. -  The moment the BMV is disabled EMONCMS posting is back. 

The system is online if you want to have a look ( at the moment BMV disabled) 

Thanks Ghatikar, nice work troubleshooting it!  It is very weird though, as there are literally hundreds of people out there using the BMV that don't have that issue.  Maybe the version you run has a different firmware or something?  I will see if we can jump onto your Pi quickly and have a look at it ;).  Feedback to follow shortly!

Regards

20 hours ago, watkykjy1 said:

More Oom,

1.  The software was developed for Pi 3B or better, so that is the recommended spec.

2.  We always tell people to use the Pi as a dedicated monitoring device.  Of course nothing prevents you from running Kodi or any other apps, but it's nice to have it separated.

3.  If you go to your website (www.centurionsolar.co.za) and click on downloads you will see an entire Raspbian OS image already created with all the required apps, libraries, web server, etc already installed, so just download that and burn to an SD card and you are good to go.

4.  We do not use the Bluetooth module for BMV communication, firstly because it's not coded and secondly because in testing we found that it's a little unstable if you have other devices in the house that can interfere, so we tend to just use the cable and not have to deal with any of that.

Hope this helps, please shout if you have any further questions, or pop us a mail from our website, we'd be glad to help!

Kind Reagrds

What do you mean with "it is not coded"?

Are there plans to support the Bluetooth in future?

Will it run on the Pi 3B+? Or does it need a recompile? (I assume you only distribute the binaries?)