Multi strings

Colin

5 minutes ago, ibiza said:

Wow, how do they perform ?

25kWp was producing 23kW at 3:30 in the afternoon. I think they are a marvelous idea. Tilt at about 15°. You lose about 10-15% production versus a North-facing array but there is less seasonal variation and far more importantly a longer solar day. If you grid-tie and are largely are going to use energy for self consumption. This would be the way I would go.

I'll take photos later this week.

49 minutes ago, Chris Hobson said:

25kWp was producing 23kW at 3:30 in the afternoon. I think they are a marvelous idea. Tilt at about 15°. You lose about 10-15% production versus a North-facing array but there is less seasonal variation and far more importantly a longer solar day. If you grid-tie and are largely are going to use energy for self consumption. This would be the way I would go.

I'll take photos later this week.

Do you have a knowledge of how much longer it is or what are the "working hours " these days?

9 hours ago, ibiza said:

Do you have a knowledge of how much longer it is or what are the "working hours " these days?

I have a North-west pointing array and it makes good power until well past 5pm, I easily get an extra hour out of it. See attached a comparison between my North-facing string vs the NW-facing string. I have these on separate MPPTs, but I believe it does illustrate the concept.

Selection_118.png

Selection_119.png

Update of my multi strings

7:20

12+3 panels   98.2V         578w

12     panels    89.1v         262w

12:00

12+3 panels   84v           1986w

12    panels    74v            2108w

16;00

12+3 panels    79v          1007w

12    panels     85v            636w