DIY install advice before I start wasting my Cash :-)

KASman

9 minutes ago, plonkster said:

Not necessarily. Many of these inverters can pass more current than they can generate themselves, for example the 3KVA Multiplus I mentioned can deliver a whole 50 amps on the output as long as the grid is available on the input. As I recall, the Infini also has this feature.

Wow! Ok... This is interesting stuff, so I only need to use the relay to tell me to run to the DB and switch off the Heatpumps etc.

6 hours ago, KASman said:

Anybody had any experience with Artsolar panels. Prices seem very good

No, but I cant see any reason why their panels would be any better/worse than any of the multitude of Chinese multi-crystalline panels available. I previously used Setsolar panels which are also RSA made and was very happy with the product. Setsolar/Artsolar sound very similar, I wonder if it is not some kind of breakaway?

They are well priced, I would be happy to use them.

13 hours ago, KASman said:

Wow! Ok... This is interesting stuff, so I only need to use the relay to tell me to run to the DB and switch off the Heatpumps etc.

Some people (see SolarNoob above) use a contactor that is powered by the grid to switch the high load items off when the grid goes out. So these items are connected to the inverter output (so they benefit from the PV), but don't draw it down when there is an outage.