Disposing of old batteries

OomD

So I'm sitting with 12 old Ritar batteries (100AH) that I tried to resuscitate, but it seems they are beyond saving. I know these things can be recycled, are there any places that buy old batteries for recycling purposes?

8 minutes ago, OomD said:

So I'm sitting with 12 old Ritar batteries (100AH) that I tried to resuscitate, but it seems they are beyond saving. I know these things can be recycled, are there any places that buy old batteries for recycling purposes?

Look for people that buy scrap metal, lead specifically. 

• 4 weeks later...

an electrician told me that a decade or so ago he worked on the mines [i forgot where], they have electric battery cars. he bought the decommissioned batteries for about 60 cents each PER PALLET from their salvage yard and sold them for more than five bucks PER KG each to scrap dealers... every weekend at least a truck load full, for more than a year. then a 'bright spark' at mine security figured out what's a cooking; that was the end of his mining career, but he made in excess of a million and invested in property - which he put in his wife's name to cover his tracks, then she divorced him... :lol: