Shoto 5.12Kwh compatible with Imeon 3.6 Hybrid inverter?

Nexiam

Hi There,

So I was gifted an Imeon 3.6 hybrid inverter by a very close friend since they have upgraded.

I need to find a reliable and compatible battery.

I am already investing a lot into this by going lithium which means I can't buy multiple...yet.

I'm stuck deciding between the Shoto 5.1 Kwh lithium battery and the Dyness Bx51100 5.1 kwh for my Inverter.

I would prefer to go with the Shoto as many have recommended however I cant find anything regarding the compatibility of the Shoto battery and Imeon inverter.

Please can someone - ideally with Imeon experience - advise me further?

1 hour ago, mzezman said:

Inverter seems to have an CAN and RS485 port so it SHOULD work with either battery. Dyness uses CAN and Shoto uses both. all you'll need is the correct pin-out from battery to Inverter which should be available somewhere. I also see that Dyness is on their list of approved batteries

That's what I was thinking. That makes sense however Imeon seem pretty adamant that only approved batteries must be used. Will the Shoto firmware work with the software correctly of the Imeon if it not officially supported/compatible?

23 minutes ago, Nexiam said:

That's what I was thinking. That makes sense however Imeon seem pretty adamant that only approved batteries must be used. Will the Shoto firmware work with the software correctly of the Imeon if it not officially supported/compatible?

Perhaps get hold of them - that document was last updated 2 years ago and things have moved so perhaps they have a new list that's not on the website