Close relay using Axpert Inverter

Jack007

Good Day Everyone!,

Currently im running offgrid with 2x Axpert inverters (10kW), 7,8kW PV and a 7.4kWh litium battery bank from SolarMD.

I would like to know if it is possible to close a relay using the inverters when the following conditions are met:

The sun is giving power to the panels (it is not an overcast day)
    The battery is charged (relatively)
    There is not too much draw on the system (if possible)

I would like to start a pump when these conditions are (mostly) met.

Can i use Program 38 (Dry contact Signal) to do this and how would i go about it?

Would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Baie dankie

You can do this knowing  what you full voltage is. For my Pylontechs 51V would satisfy 2 of the 3 conditions and probably the third. I have geyser timer that is in series with a Sonoff switch. Thus if I am not at home and the weather changes unexpectedly I still have the possibility of switching it off remotely.

13 hours ago, Chris Hobson said:

You can do this knowing  what you full voltage is. For my Pylontechs 51V would satisfy 2 of the 3 conditions and probably the third. I have geyser timer that is in series with a Sonoff switch. Thus if I am not at home and the weather changes unexpectedly I still have the possibility of switching it off remotely.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.

So do i understand you correctly that the relay will then close everytime the bat V reaches the full voltage and would open again when it dips? This would be a proplem as the pump will then switch on and off unnecessary. I only want the pump to switch on once a day to extend my pump life.

I thought about my setup yesterday and i think i should rather change the pump switch to a Lux meter, as i think this might better suit my needs as the pump will then only swith on when the lux is enough, which would satisfy condition 1. I could then add a timer to delay the start to a later time in the morning to possibly satisfy condition 2&3 as well, or i could just up the lux to add a delay.

Do you have any input on my thoughts?

Thank you again for your time.

Hi Jack I have a geyser on a timer so switching on or off is not a major hassle. It switches on at 9:30 and off at 14:30 and here in the sunny Karoo 95% of the time that would be sufficient. I have added the Sonoff switch to give me manual control. A Lux switch cannot give you the level of sophistication eyeballing does.  Is the lower production due to a solitary cloud or is there a cold front rolling in. I can make that decision an act accordingly.  Pumps do not  like to restart in short space of time. If the pump has only recently stopped the pipe might be full of water and pump starts against load. Restarting several times a day should not be a hassle. Our fridges and deep freezes do this with no ill effect. You could add a timer to ensure that if the pump  switched off it remains off for ½ hour.