any 24v inverters out there?

Gabriël

47 minutes ago, gabriel said:

ok let me re-phrase, any 3-5kva inverters with 24v options you guys could recommend...

I would not recommend 5KVA at only 24V. Victron makes both 3kva and 5kva inverters for 24V. In terms of battery, however, I would say 48V remains best. Costs the same, and all the popular LFP batteries are 48V now. If you want to do LFP with 24V you're options are pretty much Victron 12.8V batteries (with a vebus bms), FreedomWon (they can make 24V at request), BlueNova makes 12V batteries that can apparently be placed in series... but what you miss out on is BYD, Pylontech, LG, Sony/Muratta, and so forth).

8 minutes ago, plonkster said:

I would not recommend 5KVA at only 24V. Victron makes both 3kva and 5kva inverters for 24V.

the reason for asking is i sit with three x 12v 250ah batteries each valued at around 6.5k, so getting a 3kva 24v inverter for an office will leave me with one of the batteries spare. i could for the interim use the inverter/charger as ups and add panels later. the cost of an axpert 3kva is about 6.5k at present before the dark season gets hold of us real heavy [soon]. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, gabriel said:

the reason for asking is i sit with three x 12v 250ah batteries each valued at around 6.5k, so getting a 3kva 24v inverter for an office will leave me with one of the batteries spare. i could for the interim use the inverter/charger as ups and add panels later. the cost of an axpert 3kva is about 6.5k at present before the dark season gets hold of us real heavy [soon]. :ph34r:

A modified sine wave UPS is the cheapest option - we have discussed this before - therein my tongue in the cheek before. :-) 

21 minutes ago, gabriel said:

i know we have, but i'll have to go for pure sine wave as there are pcs...

PCS are switch mode power supplies. They actually care the least about a square wave input. Small electrical motors and microwave ovens... those are the things that don't like a square wave.

21 minutes ago, gabriel said:

i know we have, but i'll have to go for pure sine wave as there are pcs...

Ditto, what Plonskter said.Been done like that for decades, the modified sine wave UPS and PC's.

But, pure sine wave is better, in my opinion, IF you run extended hours ... then the ballgame changes in any event, as most UPS'es are not designed to run day in and day out powering loads, then you have to go up one level

3 minutes ago, gabriel said:

aha, for a couple of hours every day or two this then is acceptable, even for pcs...

Couple meaning literally 2, most definitely, even +-4 hours, as most take quite a while to recharge the batteries to float, for the next round.

Only thing you must make sure of, the amps the UPS can charge at, that you don't have too small a charger for too large a bank. Same as solar, 10-13% of bank AH, is what the charger should be able to charge at. Good rule of thumb ... for me that is.

"Modified sinewave" inverters are typically low quality.

Thus I avoid them just because of that. Bad voltage regulation, high THD (well obviously the THD is bad but I mean also in terms of noise generally), cheap components.

People that buy "modified sine" are always looking for the "best bang for buck", meaning the cheapest with the highest output.

So yeah, would not recommend based on that fact.