Replus IH3KW-48-V setup software

Elbow

Hi,

Who can point me at where to find the setup software for the Replus 3KW inverter?  The ones that Bonanza was selling off a year or two back.

Also, is the protocol to talk to them documented anywhere so I can hook up software of my own?

Thanks!

@Elbow,

Looking at the spec sheet, this inverter has the higher voltage MPPT (up to 450V) than what the Infinisolar (Axpert based) ones (4kW & 5kW V's) have. Other than that, there should not be a lot difference. They are nice equipment for a house/etc where loads are average, no expansion is planned (can't parallel these). I know they sold these ones cheap as chips some time ago.

Whereas it is nice to reinvent the wheel at times - how else would we have gotten valcanised rubber, tubeless, runflats etc - i would want to err on the side of caution trying to decode the inverter string. Unless you have very specific requirements that is not being addresses by current commercial packages, I would think that installing ICC and a RPi should do the trick nicely, for far less money than your or somebody else's software development time/cost.

It's not well documented, ICC supports the following inverters: Version 2.5.2 (2.5.7 is the newest)

Axpert: 3 kVA, 5kVA single & parallel (Assuming the newer PF1's are/aren't supported?)

Infini: 3kW, 5kW, 10kW

PIP4048 MSD Single (for Ausie market)

Infini V: 5kW single & parallel

Infinisolar: Super 4kW single & E 5.5kW

I don't have a 3 kW Infini to test, but hopefully someone on the forum has your combination running with ICC and can report back here.

If my assumption that the Replus 3kW is not a copy/rebranded Infini 3kW, please let the forum know.

Ok, just upgraded to 2.5.7, and seems Manie's been busy again.

Added to the list above is:

EASUN 5 kW single & parallel

PIP parallel (with more than 1 MPPT)

Effecta single & parallel

BTW, other changes seem to be that all the graphing capabilities have been moved under one "Graph" tab. I like, 'cos scrolling through the tabs was quite cumbersome and a smartphone & VNC. Oh, and I forgot to add that up to 9 parallel inverters are also supported. (Only for those models that support more than 6, obviously)

14 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

I don't have a 3 kW Infini to test, but hopefully someone on the forum has your combination running with ICC and can report back here.

If my assumption that the Replus 3kW is not a copy/rebranded Infini 3kW, please let the forum know.

ICC works perfectly well on the Replus 3kW and as far as I know, it is a simple rebranded Infinisolar 3kW. 

With regards to the OP's original question, the setup/programming software for Infinisolar inverters is called "Solar Power", the latest version, I think, is 1.14SP2. You can download via this thread: Solar Power 1.14

9 hours ago, Nicholas said:

With regards to the OP's original question, the setup/programming software for Infinisolar inverters is called "Solar Power", the latest version, I think, is 1.14SP2. You can download via this thread: Solar Power 1.14

Great - thanks.

i installed the one which came on CD which is 1.10.  I installed on my Mac Air but when I connect to the inverter MacOS doesn’t see anything on the USB.

i’ll try with Windows and then once my PV side is done I’ll have a look at ICC.

I have an existing Openenergymonitor setup and also Homeassistant and NodeRed so the idea of polling stats myself off the inverter was to integrate into my existing monitoring.

Since you have EmonCMS & NodeRed, than ICC should be a breeze, because if you get the full package, then those, plus MQTT is included (pre-installed and working).

Moving your monitoring to ICC is a option, just as I did. HA may pose some challenges, but with good programming & linux skills, who knows.