1/2 Price BYD's (45K)

Jaco De Jongh

Hi All

Recently there was some mention of BYD's selling for under 50k for 10kw. I was busy with a quote on them for 2 clients and while looking and phoning around for their spec sheets, I stumbled across something interesting. 

I will not mention names as I am not going to be part of some court cases ext. But I cant let this pass without warning the forum members. 

BYD China, has some 3rd grade batteries "Refurbished" that is meant for the China Market only . It has a 6 months warranty and are rated for 300 Cycles. This warranty is only valid in China, and BYD "South Africa" wont have anything to do with these batterys. 

Containers full made it to South Africa and gets sold directly to the Public. There are talks of class action law suits against these suppliers. 

Please keep your eyes open and don't buy if the supplier cant supply the spec sheets. I contacted two of them and they told me to go look on  BYD's site. 

Also remember, if something sounds to good to be true.. it is. I almost got caught, I was ready to buy........ 

5 hours ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

re was some mention of BYD's selling for under 50k for 10kw. I was busy with a quote on them for 2 clients and while looking and phoning around for their spec sheets, I stumbled across something int

Dear god, are these the ones i purchased and told you about?

6 minutes ago, stoic said:

Dear god, are these the ones i purchased and told you about?

2 minutes ago, plonkster said:

I believe the CPA would allow you to insist on this.

I cant say for certain, but follow @plonkster's advice ,and if you cant cancel, make sure you have some kind of written Guarantee/Warranty, clearly stating the expected life of these battery's, should it fail and you need to act.  

Stoic, if there is substantiated doubt on the purchase, get out now.

If they are indeed the troublesome batch of batteries, by the time you need to act, the supplier is probably gone.

Titbit. Read recently about a Chinese manufacturer, seen by a staff member, selling a failed board that was replaced under warranty, to a new customer. Guy knew full well they will be back.

That brings "recycling" to a next level.