Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
GVC

Python gui

I decided to design my own little system in python gui. pyQt4

It took me some time to master it , but I reckon in the end I will have a system that meets my requirements. It is still not finished but now that I have finally come to grips with PyQt4 it is going much faster...

My Gui.PNG

1 hour ago, plonkster said:

Now open source it... for once... so that there's at least one open source product that others can start with :-)

I plan to do just that....after I have inserted the code for BMV, timer etc....and fine tuned the sqlite3 database.

Here is a fully working excel sheet with working visual basic code that others can start with so long. Credit goes entirely to 'Gruppo' from the Italian forum Alternative energy for the spreadsheet.

The spreadsheet works on serial port...

I have translated most of the Italian text to english...

Axpert_Test.xlsm

18 hours ago, GVC said:

I decided to design my own little system in python gui. pyQt4

It took me some time to master it , but I reckon in the end I will have a system that meets my requirements. It is still not finished but now that I have finally come to grips with PyQt4 it is going much faster...

My Gui.PNG

Here is a Python script that I used to upload the maximum amount of data to emoncms it served me well at the time. But I dont use it anymore. Maybe you can use it in your work. 

LINK:

I have decided to post my python gui here if anyone wants to check it out.

N.B. I am an amateur coder so if you see any oopsies feel free to point them out or even better fix them. The logging to SQlite3 database is not connected yet, The gui will create a table but not populate it yet.

You need the following loaded on you computer.

Python

PyQt4

Sqlite3

Mecer_Logger.PNG

Mecer_Inverter2.py

Edited by GVC

Thanks Paul

I will probably upload it to GitHub.

This is purely a hobby that I do in my spare time. I coded .mq4 for a Forex forum before and I eventually left as it started to take up too much of my time.....and the demands....lol

Wow, I wish I had found vb.net sooner. Makes me wonder why I started out in Python first. I am really enjoying this...

Capture.thumb.PNG.5cb94611ddaf6d2714feca175144bede.PNG