Axpert settings vir Pylontech 3.5 kw

I also have the 2015 model and it does not have the feature settings for lithium batteries. I run mine on "User" settings through a BMV702 which works great.

Fault code 57 indicates a "Current Sensor Failure".

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking at this old post, I just want to share how to correctly set the DIP ADD switches on Pylon low-voltage batteries: A ) If you have just one group of Pylon bricks, keep all the DIP swit

Hi Kobus  have a look in the download section there is a Axpert Guide I wrote a year or so ago (it needs updating). With a 3.5kW Pylontech the max charging rate is 37A. Since the Axpert can

SOLUTION: So this was all part of confusion on my part. After reading the pylontech setup manual again,  i've changed ADD dip switches to 0000 on master and slave battery. This change has en

Posted Images

Okay the BMV702 is a battery monitor device, as I found out by googling it. Now what can the problem be with my Inverter? Another question is, can these units be tested as I would hate to buy another one only to find out there is nothing wrong with the one I have? Last question, I promise, if the unit is faulty/irrepairable do I go for another Axpert or are there other suggestions? Ok,ok I am a novice.

12 hours ago, Rolf said:

I have just bought a PylonTech 3.5Kw battery which I wanted to connect to my Axpert 5Kw/4Kv hybrid inverter

A single Pylontech is rated for only 37 A continuous, 74 A peak. That's about 1.7 kW continuous or 3.4 kW peak. Perhaps your loads are higher than this? The Pylontech BMS may be disconnecting due to overload, and this could be confusing the inverter, certainly causing the relays to click on and off.

Anybody here that have the latest firmware for the 3.5 Pylontechs.

Bought a second battery about a year after the first one.

After doing all the equalizing etc I can still see on ICC the one working harder than the other.

I tried to contact the importer but they have not even replied to my mail.

I was also promised the latest firmware from another person, but still did not receive anything.

Thanks

On 2020/09/21 at 9:14 AM, kobus joubert said:

After doing all the equalizing etc I can still see on ICC the one working harder than the other.

For how long has your new battery in the system? New batteries take a few weeks to be 'run in'

And how is your cabling done? Cables to inverter from Plus on your first battery and minus on your last battery? Otherwise that could also explain what you are experiencing

44 minutes ago, kobus joubert said:

Batteries more than 8 months together. Yes wiring etc all done correct

Hmm - ok, then it cannot be the battery having to settle in anymore

What is the current difference between the batteries that you are seeing? And difference in SOC?

Good Day

I have 3 pylon tech batteries and two inverters setup in PAL mode with 18 panels split into 9 and 9 to the inverters. What should the charging settings be on both the inverters to charge the batteries. Currently my batteries keep charging to 101% SOC on all three of them and settings is as above of Chris Hobson , setting 2 is set as 50A on each Inverter.

Should it be set less, let say 30 -35A per inverter?

Thanks

Jacques

9 hours ago, vwykj said:

Should it be set less, let say 30 -35A per inverter?

If you have 3x US3000, then your stack can combined take up to 111A for charging (3x 37A). I would hence say that your 50A setting on each inverter is spot on. No need to reduce that

On 2020/10/03 at 3:41 AM, wolfandy said:

your 50A setting on each inverter is spot on. No need to reduce that

In fact you could increase the maximum charge current on one inverter to 60 A, so you have 50 + 60 = 110 A available.

What voltage settings are you using (settings 26 and 27 mainly)? There has been a lot of adjustment of the recommended settings over time.

Here are my latest corrections to the original Pylontech suggested settings, as Chris Hobson may have posted:

PylonTech settings.png

Thanks for reply guys. Much appriciated it. Just another thing. My ICC software keeps showing my batteries SOC ehen charged as 101% charged. I cant seem to get it to stop only at 100% or Full. Must I be concern about the exstra 1%.

Please find below my settings getting it from my inverters.

Setting 26 = 52V

Setting 27 (floating) = 51V

Thanks

Jacques

Screenshot_20201004-153056_VNC Viewer.jpg

Screenshot_20201004-153037_VNC Viewer.jpg

Screenshot_20201004-154555_VNC Viewer.jpg

Edited by vwykj
6 hours ago, vwykj said:

Please find below my settings getting it from my inverters.

Do you have the Pylon comms cable for ICC to receive data from the Pylon BMS? If yes, then I would change the 'Back to Grid Voltage' and 'Back to Discharge Voltage' to make sure that the Axpert's settings do not interfere with ICC switching modes (assuming that you are then also using 'Using SOC for Control' on the battery tab)

5 hours ago, vwykj said:

Is I had a problem where both inverters faild at same time. The master inverter MB failed and Slave the PV card. So was not sure if it was maybe a setting on the mercer axpert 5k inverters.

Sorry to hear

I will leave it to our resident expert @Coulomb to answer, but I doubt that it can be caused by any of the settings. What I can see in your screenshots above is in line with what I am running in my own system

What panels do you have and how are they connected?

12 hours ago, vwykj said:

Is I had a problem where both inverters faild at same time. The master inverter MB failed and Slave the PV card.

Was this some time ago, replaced and working now, and you just want to be sure it won't happen again as a result of bad settings?

Or has this just recently occurred?

@Coulomb

This happens two weeks ago, and I had a concern it could have been the settings. The installer said it was a eskom surge but I was not 100% convinced. It is fixed now, The MB was replaced and the PV card was replaced. I have changed all the settings to your recommendations above in the post. I have also changed the program 2 back to 50A on both the Master and the Slave Inverters.

@wolfandy

Thanks for your feedback as well. My setup is as follows:

Two Inverters setup in PAL mode

18 x 330V Canadian panels setup as 9 to Master inverter and 9 to the Slave Inverter.

3 x Pylon US3000B Plus 3.5 KWh Li-Ion Battery connected in a stack

Yes my Raspberry with the ICC software do have a pylontech communication cable connected to the batteries console port to read the battery information.

So that is why my other concern is the ICC software shows the batteries charge to 101% and not sure if I must be worried about it as @Bloubul7 indicated it is a calculation issue.

Thanks for everyone`s feedback much appreciated. I`m not a expert just a user and I trying to do some research on it and getting your experts input to understand everything

Thanks

Jacques 

7 hours ago, vwykj said:

18 x 330V Canadian panels setup as 9 to Master inverter and 9 to the Slave Inverter.

How many cells per panel? 60 or 72? And how are they wired? How many in series and how many in parallel? And what is the MPPT voltage rating of your Axpert? 145V?

8 hours ago, vwykj said:

Yes my Raspberry with the ICC software do have a pylontech communication cable connected to the batteries console port to read the battery information.

Great. But then I would recommend the following to ensure that ICC is switching between modes based on the SOC from the Pylon BMS instead of the Axpert based on voltage readings:

• Set 'Back to Grid Voltage' to 47V
  • Set 'Back to Discharge Voltage' to 58V
  • Enable 'Using SOC for Control' on the battery tab and set your desired SOC values (keeping in mind that if your batteries will not fully carry you throughout the night the Axpert's self-consumption will still be drawn from the Pylons even while running on utility)
8 hours ago, vwykj said:

So that is why my other concern is the ICC software shows the batteries charge to 101% and not sure if I must be worried about it

As mentioned by @Bloubul7, this is a calculation 'error' and not something to worry about. I get the same

Pylon.JPG.853b9d916f9114ac6bf82caa0ba5a2db.JPG

Good Day

I have another question please. I see my 3 pylontech cycles differ. Is it ok. My primary battery is at 207, the rest is at 203 and 202. I can say the two lower ones do pick up on cycles.

Or must I change the batteries around abit?

Thanks

Edited by vwykj

@wolfandy

Good Day

I have another question please. I see my 3 pylontech cycles differ. Is it ok. My primary battery is at 207, the rest is at 203 and 202. I can say the two lower ones do pick up on cycles.

Or must I change the batteries around abit?

Thanks