• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I understand it, the product forked. Forking happens routinely in software when there are differences of opinion among the developers. For example, Firefox split off the Mozilla project becaus

Wow, I got ICC-Solar on Pi running yesterday. This is absolutely brilliant.  Awesome piece of software. Is Manie no longer on these forums - havent seen his posts since about Jan 2018. Anyway thanks M

You missed the great software wars of back then. I still have no idea what exactly happened, but when it was over ICC was almost open source and a whole bunch of members had left the forum, or at leas

Posted Images

You missed the great software wars of back then. I still have no idea what exactly happened, but when it was over ICC was almost open source and a whole bunch of members had left the forum, or at least they stopped participating. There is a guy here going by the name of Watkykjy1 who comes online every few months to say there is a new release... but that is all.

@Manie may not participate on the forum but is always available on his website. Besides ICC will tell you when a new version is available, at least my ICC-Pi does and also describes the changes. Then it is a simple matter of clicking the Upgrade button. For the last few days I have had no problems in monitoring my system from a cruise ship using the VPN connection available on the Gargoyle firmware on my router. During the past month I have tried this from an Emirates airliner, on the ground in Dubai and for the past week from the ship. The Gargoyle free firmware is really outstanding and complements ICC nicely in monitoring and controlling your system from afar, either via wifi, cellular data connections, or whatever Internet connection available at the time.

12 hours ago, pspspeed said:

ICC-Solar on Pi

Has anyone had success with ICC running on a usb flash or ssd. My SD media on Pi 3b bombs after a disconnect or even a shutdown.I am tired redoing the ICC image on to the card.

I attempted the "conversion to flash" but alas no joy.

It has reached the "gatvol" stage and thinking Vensters might be a bad option after all....

I also had an issue with corruption of the SD card in the beginning when power went out unexpectedly, but I changed the SD card and all was fine thereafter. If you havent tried another SD card yet, do that first.

Beyond that I have no other recommendation.

I do love having ICC with my Infinisolar and really happy with my setup due to it.About to add a Pylontech to it as well with the special ICC cable.

11 hours ago, flamegrilled said:

Has anyone had success with ICC running on a usb flash or ssd.

I run one of mine on M.2 (Basically SSD) for about 12 months now. This is the one that takes the most hammering i.t.o. power drops etc. Havn't had an issue with it once. I found there are SD cards, and there are SD Cards. I ended up now only using Sandisk Ultra, (Red and Grey) 16 and 32Gb cards.

R

Hi all! My ICC is running so smoothly that i had no reason to use this forum..

But now i have read about the new feature within ICC: "GPIO". Has anybody used that already?  I simply ask here for a search key within Amazon to find the "right" relay. The rest i assume is pi basics and a few cables..(i hope).

Example: What relay should i order to switch on/off the pool pump (600W) using ICC/pi's GPIO function?

I had a similar problem but solved it a while ago with a 4x 220v relay board (https://www.modmypi.com/raspberry-pi/relays-and-home-automation-1032/relay-boards-1033/modmypi-piot-relay-board). The problem I had was that my Pi connected to solar was nowhere close to the Pumps I run for both Pool and Pond pumps and outdoor lights, so bought another Pi and loaded Home Assistant on it. Works a treat, Have coded it for time only but started putting in conditions that allow pool pump to only go on when it will be for free and there is enough sunlight. Pulled the data from Emon on the ICC which is easier for me anyway than using the the ICC. Next stop will be to put a light sensor on the Pi which will make it far more efficient. Hope the helps...

IMG_7349.thumb.JPG.376d7399c957100bf341d3f95b70d940.JPG

Fotos of the inverter that has USB interface. The gen is connected to the green contacts. Foto of model label see above. As the RS232 interface and the USB are on the same board, the replacement board should contain both (USB is packed on the RS232). Neither RS232 nor USB is currently working.

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

@Anthony it was the Musica and pictures of us "marooned"  for two days outside Cape Town harbour was all over the media. At least the captain chose to wait opposite Sea Point which is totally protected from any raging South Easter.  It was really tough to be in a luxury prison for the time.  At least the wine stocks were sufficient. F

@PeterGutti  Perhaps using a Pi-hat GPIO relay board and running @Manie 's new ICC-GPIO Relay control program will work for you. If the Pi-hat relays cannot manage the power needed by the pool pump,  you could use it to switch a solid state relay of sufficient capacity to control the pump. Just make sure it can handle the start-up current of the motor which is several times the running current. Manie told me he uses the program to divert excess power to other appliances. I hope to find time soon to try it out for myself. 

• 1 year later...

Has anyone been able to get in contact with @Manie i have been unable to get an answer via email over the past month. Also his profile has dissapeared on here which is odd. Does anyone have any idea?

Regards,

Jeran

Edited by JDAVIES94

I was looking at my ICC software and noticed that I have not seen a software update in a while. When  bought it from ICC I dealt with a Johan chap.

Currently I have 2.8.5. When I looked at the ICC website I see there is some new software but my ICC tells me I am running the LATEST version.

Then I emailed ICC asking why my system does not update automatically anymore.

This is the response  got back As jy op ICC website gekoop het en n order nommer het van ICC dan sal jy die vooreg he om te update

Now how the hell do I have a system that is still working and now suddenly refuses to update if I did not buy it from ICC.

The last mail received from ICC after I told this unhelpful person that I previously dealt with a Johan  was this Yes dit lyk of jy by hom gekoop het. Hy sal jou dan moet help

Now how does this work. I bought from ICC. Dealt with a Johan.

Now I get this SNOTTY answers from ICC. What is going on ?

I even bought a Pylontech cable from "ICC" at the same time.

I have a working ICC system, I paid my money to ICC. Now suddenly MY ICC is a different ICC.  CONFUSED

It would seem that there was a falling out of sorts between Manie from ICC and Johan from Centurion Solar...They were partners till recently. Same thing happened between the original coder of ICC namely @JDP AND Manie. 

So I am currently looking at getting monitoring software.

I have a raspberry pi that was used for kodi and is no longer in use for that. 

ICC website i can purchase the ICC software for R732

Gave centurion solar a call because their website only shows full kits" SORRY BUT WE DONT SELL THE SOFTWARE SEPARATELY"  it is licenced to that specific pi. So what do i do if the Pi packs up when the guarantee is gone? You will have to buy a new one from us again.

I think i will go with the ICC software. If my Pi packs up I can replace it without problems.

22 minutes ago, Krokkedil said:

licenced to that specific pi

I believe they link it to the serial number of the unit, or at least that's what the original software did. Which is funny... because it is insanely easy to hack it. But I will be a good kid and not tell people how to do that 🙂

Purchased the Pi and ICC software separately as it is cheaper than buying the bundle (and downloading the ICC image and writing it to SD card I can manage myself)...

If you already have a Pi to use, then to me it would be a no-brainer 😉

Also purchased the Advanced Power Management software from ICC to control Sonoffs (primarily pool pump) based on ICC data - and works like a charm

1 hour ago, Centurionsolar said:

you will be forced to purchase a new license

Or transfer the serial number across to the new one. It can be done.... the bootloader passes it across to the kernel as a boot parameter... 🙂

17 hours ago, Chris Louw said:

@Centurionsolar  Hi need some help . I replaced my monitor  on ICC Raspberry . The new monitor is a VGA . HDMI to VGA cable is installed . All I get on the monitor is D SuB out of range 67.6khz -  60hz  Thanks

Hi Chris, can you remotely manage your pi (through VNC for instance)?  If you can, you can edit the resolution in the GUI (go to preferences --> Raspberry PI Configuration), and then select a new resolution, restarting after each setting to see if it works.  Try to begin with something small like 640 x 480 and then increase gradually from there until you find something that works lekker. 

Failing that you can also set a manual resolution by editing the config.txt file (sudo nano /boot/config.txt), but be careful, that file will literally load whatever values you have in there, and can harm the hardware of your screen if done wrong.  I strongly suggest you google some of those settings before attempting that.

Hope this help ;)

Kind Regards

Edited by Centurionsolar