SolarEdge sues Australian solar installer

Yup, I've read the blog last year already, before the latest events. The number one thing I hate about how it transpires, is how he in good faith sends them the first drafts of what he wrote, just like he did with some others... and instead of getting the "please can you remove this and change that" response they immediately respond with legal action. I mean, I was already on that edge (pun intended) where I would tell people that SolarEdge was a good solution if you had shading issues (but basically never in any other situation)... but that was just the last straw really. So if you read the whole blog... 1) the optimisers fail, and because you have many optimisers per installation that means an installer's call-out rate to old installations are high, 2) though SolarEdge provides a replacement unit and pays for a chunk of time to replace it, I have heard at least one installer say that they lose money on this deal, 3) in full sun other systems often outperform it, 4) putting the boost stage in a hostile environment (it is hot under the panel on the roof) is an impressive engineering feat, but still something you should only do when you really have to (eg shading), 5) very thin sunspec support, and 6)... this laywer move kinda puts them in the a**hole camp. So no... won't ever recommend it. Not anymore.

If ever I thought to get Solar Edge, that idea has now left the building. For two reason, them suing a person whom appears to be quite legit and the 6 points above. 

The better approach would have been for SolarEdge to show concern and ask if they can we work together.

And it is so Americanish when you go legal when you are on the wrong end of the stick.

Just now, plonkster said:

The local SolarEdge evangelist in this town has also recently branched into Goodwe installations (for lower-budget customers) 🙂

And from what i can see, Goodwe has a decent track record. i did not even know it was budget friendly.

2 hours ago, stoic said:

And from what i can see, Goodwe has a decent track record. i did not even know it was budget friendly.

i swore by Goodwe 5 years ago, brought a few in at a time for my installs, used 3 of them on my split db...absolutely loved them but had to move on bigger maybe better