Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Colin

ICC and parrallel monitoring

I recently installed a second parallel Axpert and have the followingissue with ICC.

ICC does not see the slave Axpert, not sure if I need USB for each inverter or only Master? If I plug USB - Pi both master and slave, then ICC does not see either. If I plug only master, it sees only master. I have selected Axpert 5kva Parallel, and then specified 2 inverters and saved setting in ICC. Tried restarting ICC and Pi, no joy.

I have recently trialled  ICC v2.996 on a parallel system (Synapse 5.0k + which are Axpert rebrands) with no problems. I plugged into only the master using the RS232 comms cable that came with the inverters, set to parallel and specified 2 inverters as you did and had no problems. Maybe the ICC version is an issue?

@Colin  my 2 Axpert cluster has been working for more than 2 years with ICC working perfectly. It does not matter whether you connect the master or the slave to the RPi. Just make sure that you press the Stop button so that ICC is not active when you do the settings. Then save and start ICC again and all should be well. I initially forgot to set to 2 inverters but Manie spotted the error in a moment and also told me to stop ICC and set up and save before starting ICC again. Hope this works for you too. I am running version 2.996,  which is the latest anyway, as well so that is not the problem. 

Edited by ebrsa

Hi Guys

I am running v3.0 beta currently and WOW !! what a brilliant experience! I can't wait for Manie to complete and promise you all - A lot of wonderfull features inside !!

This is really worth the while waiting for !!

I am not going to let the cat out of the bag now, but just wait a little while and you will all be smiling! Everybody with a real ICC program will be able to upgrade to the new version.

Cheers

Chris-R

Same here, been running V cluster of 3 for years on ICC. 1 cable, ICC on parallel & amount = 2.

Only down side of such a setup is that you loose the Inverter Temp readouts.

Looking forward to 3.0! Just need to pluck up the courage. I hate losing data😂

Edited by Sidewinder

On 2020/02/28 at 12:34 AM, Chris-R said:

Hi Guys

I am running v3.0 beta currently and WOW !! what a brilliant experience! I can't wait for Manie to complete and promise you all - A lot of wonderfull features inside !!

This is really worth the while waiting for !!

I am not going to let the cat out of the bag now, but just wait a little while and you will all be smiling! Everybody with a real ICC program will be able to upgrade to the new version.

Cheers

Chris-R

Looking forward to hear about all the new features.

I might even want to upgrade to the real ICC then! 😁

On 2019/02/17 at 3:31 PM, Colin said:

I recently installed a second parallel Axpert and have the followingissue with ICC.

ICC does not see the slave Axpert, not sure if I need USB for each inverter or only Master? If I plug USB - Pi both master and slave, then ICC does not see either. If I plug only master, it sees only master. I have selected Axpert 5kva Parallel, and then specified 2 inverters and saved setting in ICC. Tried restarting ICC and Pi, no joy.

Check the extra cables connecting the two inverters. Are the firmware versions the same?