Pylontech Cables

Leonc

Morning 

Just a question regarding the cables linking the batteries, where can I find longer cables to be able to connect the batteries next to each other instead of on top of each other as the space I have is limited to go up but I can put the batteries next to each other.

And then I see there is now a 3500 battery available is it possible to use the 3500 with the 2400's in the same bank?

thanks 

3 minutes ago, SilverNodashi said:

The Pylontech cables have a special clip that clips into the battery "terminal" 

thanks for the reply. Would it not be possible to cut the cable and insert a suitable battery cable with the same or better even bigger diameter?

Only way I can think to get longer is to "extend" the cable, effectively meaning cutting and joining with two ferrules. Not ideal in my opinion, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do 🤣

Alternatively, run both batteries with the "Long Cable supplied with battery" to a busbar to inverter, and only use longer comms link cables, same effect.

Edited by Riaanh
add info

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I have a space issue, but have managed to get a company to create longer battery interconnection cables (1m), with Pylontech connectors. However, I am unsure as to continue with the set up, as I am concerned about the impact on balancing and efficiency - and the warranty.  Help please.