where to buy Pylontech ?

Richyv

Where is the best place to get the 2X Pylontech US2000B for my Axpert 5k 48 inverter? i would prefer for them to be installed so there is no issue with warranties on the bank 

Im based in the west of JHB. Id also like a recommendation on Solar panels. My average usage is around 300-400 watt(my house power loads have been separated) and would like use solar during the day to power the house and charge batteries.

Edited by Richyv
add info

Just now, Richyv said:

i have the axpert 5kw inverter

If you want to use Pylons with this inverter and keep the warranties, you'll need ICC and a special cable if i am not mistaken. 

How many panels and how many batteries were you looking at. Figures might get the attention of the right people in your area. 

43 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

If you want to use Pylons with this inverter and keep the warranties, you'll need ICC and a special cable if i am not mistaken. 

How many panels and how many batteries were you looking at. Figures might get the attention of the right people in your area. 

thanks i updated the OP with extra info

2 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

The only problem with them is you have to collect from their warehouse. They do no ship Pylons, or at least they do not ship to Phalaborwa.  

Well you could always just send your own courier, I think courier guy charged me R350 a while back to ship a inverter generator, and they dropped it off 2 days later at my house in Tzaneen, (So I think Phalaborwa would probably cost more or less the same?)

On 2019/02/28 at 9:15 AM, PJJ said:

I would say splurge a bit more and get yourself the US3000, the cost per kWh is much better vs the US2000

The cheapest US3000 I have seen recently is here Inverter-warehouse US3000

US3000 = R19 450 for 3.2kWh worth of storage = R6058 per kWh

US2000 = R14 950 for 2.2kWh worth of storage = R6795 per kWh

I was looking at 2X US2000 for 4.8kWh. 1x US3000 is not enough and 2 is out my budget

3 hours ago, Richyv said:

I was looking at 2X US2000 for 4.8kWh. 1x US3000 is not enough and 2 is out my budget

Well its your call, its just more expensive per kWh.

Personally I would buy 1 US3000 and save up to buy the second.

2x US2000's = R29.8K.

2x US3000's = R38.8K

Its only R9K more and you basically have the same capacity as 3x US2000's.

32 minutes ago, PJJ said:

and 2 is out my budget

Most of us in this boat, but personal opinion would then go for 1 X 3000, and add another later, makes better financial sense. I would rather bite the bullet and scratch the extra R9k out my ass somehow 🙈

Also... that case is a BYD case. It may not have BYD written on it, but the green terminal strip middle bottom and the screws behind plastic caps on the right... that's a BYD.

So it is a no-name BYD... I'd be very wary.

1 hour ago, VisN said:

They're advertising for Pylontech and LG as well 

Interesting. Cause the LG Resu is NMC chemistry (not LFP)... it's a more expensive battery. So very interesting that they appear to be selling them all at the same price.

14 hours ago, PJJ said:

That site looks sketchy AF.

That domain was registered 23 December 2018. The registrant is indicated as being "Peter Salanje", and there is an email address. Googling the email address finds a gumtree ad that is selling a share in a business. Then I googled the name and it got worse...

Seems Mr. Salanje is running a business from his father (a pastor's) church offices.

Now I would have loved to dig into what this church actually teaches (I'm betting it's not completely orthodox), but sadly their website is a bit thin on details... no confession of faith sort of stuff as you normally see.

Definitely sketchy though.