Causes of high voltage neutral-ground? (Axpert)

7 hours ago, Coulomb said:

R10

I remember when R10 was enough pocket money for 2 months... I remember buying Christmas presents for the whole family with R20. I remember the R2 paper note, which became a coin... then the R5 coin followed, and right now we're quite close to a 50C Euro coin and a R10 note being of similar worth... 🙂

16 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Um, won't the museum want those exhibits back some time? :D

Those items are classic. Better not break that seal... R10 fine!

Thanks for posting.

House was built in 1974 and I’m sure these are original.

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, Thembani said:

Can Nuno please show how and where he bonded his neutral to ground. I have the problem of neutral to ground voltages of up to 110V

check my post with the drawing, I connected neutral directly to ground in the bus bar

2 minutes ago, Nuno said:

check my post with the drawing, I connected neutral directly to ground in the bus bar

I am so sorry to do this, I am new in this space. where do I find your post with the drawing? Did you connect it in the Distribution Board?

On 2021/02/18 at 9:23 PM, Thembani said:

Can Nuno please show how and where he bonded his neutral to ground. I have the problem of neutral to ground voltages of up to 110V

For your info my infinisolar inverter allows the neutral to float when it is isolated from the grid and providing power to essentials via the panels or batteries.

That is, the inverter does not tie neutral to earth when operating in that isolated mode.

(When the inverter is grid tied the neutral on the essentials side is connected to the neutral on the grid side which is tied to earth back at the council connection point so there is no issue there).

What I did is that I used a contactor - the contactor coil is powered by the grid mains - so normally the contactor is held on.  I have a normally closed contact on my contactor that I put across neutral / earth on the essentials side.

So when the mains power disappears the contactor releases and the neutral / earth on the essentials side is connected.

Its not perfect since the mains voltage can (and here it does) brown out at the inverter can isolate but there is still enough volts to hold the contactor in.  But its better than nothing.