3 Imeon smart grid inverters on 3 phase

janvb1

I have a 3 phase installation and it is split circuits. One for Lights one for Plugs and one for underfloor heating and air cons There is no 3 phase motors etc only single phase. Can I install 3 single phase smart grid Imeon's and how do I configure them. There is a prepaid meter so I dont want to feed into the grid. Can someone respond to this 

each unit to supply a single phase without returning to grid but each Imeon to have its own supply and batteries? why do you not wait for the 9.12 to arrive? should be a month away...

i think the only way is with their own pv and batteries else you could pick up issues with charging etc.....i know they cannot be paralleled.

other than that, rather consider using a 3 phase SMA or ABB grid tied inverter with a hub2 and 3 smaller victrons per phase with one battery bank

the 9.12 being a 3 phase unit will carry your loads as they are but still you have to remember that you would have 4kw per phase - in real terms it is 3 inverters all built into one unit with 2 mppts and one battery bank  thats where the plus is. i think a max of 36 x 300w pv panels. you could also look at the Infinsolar 10kw unit but 3.3kw per phase...

Your installation is essentially single phase. Firstly, I'd like to mention that it is a bit silly to put underfloor heating on an inverter imo but to each his own.

There is an obsession in this forum with 3 phase keeping the loads on the 3 phases as is.

I live in a house with 3 phase and I moved my lights and a set of plugs to one of the phases. Then moved a bunch of other stuff to the rest of the phases to balance things (eg. Stove+Oven = 3 phase, Geyser = Phase 1, Extra plugs = Phase 2, Inverter + Lights + Backup Plugs = Phase 3)

When power goes out, only 1 phase is powered (Stove+Oven is not on that part of the circuit since they are 3 phase). Super simple.