error Code 90 on 5Kva Axpert inverter

9 hours ago, Kawaman said:

My Batteries are Deltec 105ah sealed Lead Acid 1250 Highcycle

Mmm. Those appear to me to be starting batteries: CCA = Cold Crank Amps, for example. Great for starting a 4x4, not so good for energy storage.

The datasheet has almost nothing of value for solar applications.

I'd call your battery 102 Ah (the 20h rate capacity) x 2 strings = 204 Ah. Maximum charge current should be about 0.15C, so 204 x 0.15 = 30.6 A. So reduce the maximum charge current and maximum utility charge current to 30 A. 25 A would be more cautious, but unfortunately isn't an option.

Leave the charging voltages at the defaults and hope for the best. If you use patched firmware (73.00e or 72.70c), then you will at least avoid undercharging the battery (very bad for longevity) due to the premature float bugs in factory firmware.

You cant use an equalising charge with these (they are sealed), so the whole reason for going to a different firmware with equalisation was just wrong.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Error 90 (fault code 90) results from a mismatch between what is in the bootloader and what is in the rest of the firmware. I believe it was designed to catch out clones who copy the firmware but not

@Coulomb, Thank you for all your effort and patience in helping me sort out my Solar system once and for all. 👏 👏 I have purchased 3 more Solar Panels to add to my existing array of 9  255W

Posted Images

@Coulomb

OK, Firmware Flashed to 73.00e reduced the maximum charge current and maximum utility charge current to 30 A.

Bulk Charging Voltage (C.V. voltage) remains at 56.4v

Float Charging Voltage remains at 54v

In the Pics Please check:

Back to Discharge 54v ?

Back to Grid Voltage 48v ?

Battery cut-off voltage 44.5v ?

The white lines you see in the WatchPower pics are my 12v LED light strips in my garage 😁

20191217_171508.thumb.jpg.70113bb7d0f277ef3ddbf0e18e73762d.jpg20191217_171508.thumb.jpg.0a9b28f943481e84d1c5ac5d4f265bb2.jpg20191217_171525.thumb.jpg.26a7987d5c596a78167ac5020c1ee3b8.jpg

8 hours ago, Kawaman said:

OK, Firmware Flashed to 73.00e reduced the maximum charge current and maximum utility charge current to 30 A.

Good!

Bulk Charging Voltage (C.V. voltage) remains at 56.4v

You might want to increase that a little in winter, to say 56.8 V. Leave it as is for summer.

Float Charging Voltage remains at 54v

That could go as high as 55.2 V in winter, but it's nowhere near as important as the setting above. [ Edit: leave as-is for summer, or as long as the temperature is often above 25°C. ]

Back to Discharge 54v ?

That one's largely a preference. Adjust it up if you want more utility use and keeping your battery SOC higher, adjust lower if you want to reduce utility use. This one and the next one depend on your battery internal resistance, which will vary with time. Revisit in a year or two.

Back to Grid Voltage 48v ?

That seems OK, but again there is some preference factor. You might want 49 or 50 V to keep your battery SOC higher (for longer life, but getting less "value" from the battery).

Battery cut-off voltage 44.5v ?

I'd increase that to 46.0 V (11.5 V per nominal 12 V module). Adjust up or down if you get nuisance cut-off when the battery seems healthy, or if you're worried that the battery is getting too low in SOC before the inverter-charger cuts off.

Edited by Coulomb

@Coulomb,

Thank you for all your effort and patience in helping me sort out my Solar system once and for all. 👏 👏

I have purchased 3 more Solar Panels to add to my existing array of 9  255W panels, sadly I was unable to purchase 255W but 265W but (I am told) will denominate to 255W, the full compliment will add up to 3060W (probably never reach that figure) I will install after the silly season as relatives are starting to arrive.

Coulomb, to you and your family have a fantastic Christmas (please overindulge) and a very prosperous and eventful New Year 🎉

Warm

Regards

Budgie Burgess (Kawaman)