Inverex inverter VM 2.2

Hi,

Recently i installed a solar system in my house with 2.2kw inverter of inverex and with 6  solar panel of 295watt on roof.Now the problem is i max getting 530watt of power from pv panels even at peak time.All the parameters or reading on my inverter is match with my clam on meter except the amps coming from pv. Normally screen of inverter shows 20A current coming from PV but actully that current shows 10A or 9A on clam on meter.I alread test my PV panels one by one all giving there rated current.

Please advise it could be the charge controller problem that is build in?

22 hours ago, Ammad said:

Hi,

Recently i installed a solar system in my house with 2.2kw inverter of inverex and with 6  solar panel of 295watt on roof.Now the problem is i max getting 530watt of power from pv panels even at peak time.All the parameters or reading on my inverter is match with my clam on meter except the amps coming from pv. Normally screen of inverter shows 20A current coming from PV but actully that current shows 10A or 9A on clam on meter.I alread test my PV panels one by one all giving there rated current.

Please advise it could be the charge controller problem that is build in?

Perhaps you only have that much load (demand)?  What are you doing with the power that your panels are making?

On 2019/04/22 at 8:05 AM, Ammad said:

Normally screen of inverter shows 20A current coming from PV but actully that current shows 10A or 9A on clamp on meter.

Axpert-like inverters report PV current on the battery side, not the panel side. So 20 A at the battery could easily be 10 A or 9 A on the panel side, if the panel voltage is at least twice the battery voltage. It can be quite confusing until you get used to it.

Solar charger voltage range is 80volt and my panels connected in three pairs can provide max voltage 72.5 volt and max 27A current.Total no of panels are 6 each 295watt.Now on current angle of panels each panel i check giving 37.5volt and 9.54A current by shorting the cables of each panel.But when i put max load inverter shows max 530watt and then start taking power from battries.

45 minutes ago, Ammad said:

As i mention in my first post on PV Ampers on inverter not matchs with my meter.I check the battry discharge current by clam on meter its match with inverter screen shows.

And with no load, does the PV charge current on the LC display agree with the clamp meter on a battery cable, except about 1 amp less for idle load?

1 hour ago, Ammad said:

Total no of panels are 6 each 295watt.Now on current angle of panels each panel i check giving 37.5volt and 9.54A current by shorting the cables of each panel.But when i put max load inverter shows max 530watt and then start taking power from battries.

Is your inverter a relatively recent one, looking like this?

Axpert-VM-2.2KW.png

If so, it has an MPPT (note: there may be PWM models about, which could explain your situation), which should allow it to charge the battery at 40 A, or about 40 x 25 = 1000 W. Are you sure that you have an MPPT model? A photo of the sticker on the side would confirm.

When you say it starts taking power from the battery, did you give it enough time for the battery voltage to fall a little? It might take a minute or so for the PV charge current to respond to a load change, especially if it's in float mode (CHG LED on solid).

If after all it really doesn't charge more than 530 W, then it seems to me it's faulty, and you should get it replaced.

Edit: Also, the Inverexes are supposed to be based on the Axpert VM III, but those have detachable displays, and the LC Display is over to the left. Also the display has round icons as opposed to hexagonal ones. So these are either a custom order from Voltronic Power (I believe that this is possible for a large reseller such as Inverex), or are actually clones, in which case they may be a dodgy design.

Edited by Coulomb