Infini Solar 10kw query

HI Guys

A challenge I am facing for the first time on an installation done a while back.

System works fine but the site had load shedding yesterday and the system stopped producing power. The inverter switched off.

Once Eskom came back, all functioning normal.

Where do i need to look?

7 hours ago, Coulomb said:

I'll just state the obvious... anything to do with the battery. Check the settings against where you recorded the chosen settings.

this is during the day
Inverter is producing 8kwp/hr so 

priority set as Priority 1 (source from pv, grid, batteries)

the inverter actually shuts down when utility/grid is turned off.

Grid-Tie with Backup (I), Grid-Tie with Backup (II) etc... ?

Screenshots of the settings would allow faster troubleshooting.

Has the DB been split into essential and non-essential loads, and the essential loads connected to the output of the inverter?

Is the Inverter Output Enabled (Light-bulb bottom right-hand corner)?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019/05/01 at 10:09 PM, Nicholas said:

Grid-Tie with Backup (I), Grid-Tie with Backup (II) etc... ?

Screenshots of the settings would allow faster troubleshooting.

(I will take a screenshot today and post it).

Has the DB been split into essential and non-essential loads, and the essential loads connected to the output of the inverter?

(no its connected directly to mains so no essential loads)

Is the Inverter Output Enabled (Light-bulb bottom right-hand corner)?

( i will check this as the inverters say OK).

No we encountered a Error 60 on 1 inverter so troubleshooting it today.

Keen to hear what you find - we had the E60 Power Feedback error on two 3-phase systems using one x5kVA Axpert per phase. We had to re-wire it to be 3x single-phase as the error would occur almost everytime system switched from utility to batt. Sites had no 3-phase loads so systems work fine without being 3-phase. So far no-one has been able to explain what causes the E60 error other than the suggestion of inductive loads from a 3-phase appliance (of which there were none in our cases).

I did a little firmware reading. It's looking for less than (more negative than) -1,111 W on any inverter output phase (i.e. one third of rated power, 3333.3 W per phase = 10,000 W total). It needs to see three in a row like that, or any one reading of less than -1,666 W on any phase (half of rated power for one phase: half of 10,000 W /  3 ≅ 1,666 W).

It also has to have parallel enabled, be in battery mode, and not have fault code 26 set (output short circuited). One GPIO input (GPIO46 I think) has to be set (load relay on, perhaps).

So it's serious back flow, not slight overshooting.

You are using just one battery, not three separate batteries, right?

Could it be some sort of neutral problem?

Edited by Coulomb
Clarified to "inverter output phase"

Thanks Columb for checking the firmware. In our case, error comes without any load. Basically, 2x10kw are installed in completely offgrid location. We startup inverters independently, they work fine. Then we set them up in parallel  with common ac output cables and start only on battery. Each shows HS/SL and then one of them shows error 60. 

We have verified that phase sequence is correct in both inverters and also verified current sharing cables are proper but unable to resolve the issue.

Any other suggestions?

Typically, the most simple reason is the right answer:

• wrong cabling
  • a bad contact
  • failed SW/HW

Are you really sure, that all the contacts of the cables, especially "current sharing", are conductive? There were some issues with bad contacts of these green plugs in the past...
And check the wiring against the manual, especially if you have the current sharing cables going to the correct sockets:

image.png.c1ec8f44ac2fd90feb6eb1e906a9e6b8.png

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Balla said:

Is it possible to revert back to an older version of firmware and restore the inverter to default?

You can't necessarily get the original firmware back; it's overwritten.

There are a few VM III firmwares about now. What version did they send you? I can't even find reference to fault code 18 in the main firmware version 20.59. That's old, but it's the one I have commented the best so far.

You should first try resetting the settings to defaults, using Watchpower, other monitoring software, or the PF command.

Edited by Coulomb