Victron VenusGX/CCGX and MQTT Topics

georgelza

Hi guys

This is lets say a group for all the Victron owners to share information around the different topics available, and which they using and how... aka as where I try and figure out which I want to get to... ;)

At times I've noticed there are veery similar looking messages/multiple views and mutual assistance might be of benefit... we might even get Plonker to assist ;)

As a start: looking for,

PV incoming from MPPT#1 ? =>

PV incoming from MPPT #2? =>

Grid incoming > /Ac/Grid/L1/Power 

The above is a Wattage value, is there a on / off topic ? another way might be to look at L1 Voltage => /Ac/L1/Votage, if > 0 then we have grid ?

Found Grid L1 - Power, Grid L1 - Voltage and Grid L1 - Current => /Ac/L1/Power, /Ac/L1/Voltage and /Ac/L1/Current

Battery SoC => /Dc/battery/Soc ... there is also => /Soc

Output from Inverter to Essential line, I see => /Ac/Out/L1/P would this be the total output, the output back onto the input towards the Carlo Gavazzi or the output to the essential, Vout1

I like Charge State ... => /State  indicating if we charging or discharging batteries

I like PV Voltage => /Pv/V and PV Current => /PV/I , going to assume thats the combined from all Arrays... MPPT's aka a current and Voltage yield, looking for a Wattage value something like => /Pv/P, have found => /Yield/Power ?

Lets the games begin.

46 minutes ago, georgelza said:

PV incoming from MPPT#1 ? => 

PV incoming from MPPT #2? => 

Find the DeviceInstance of the solar chargers (on the Device section on the GUI). Then you are looking for:

N/d0ff500097c0/solarcharger/258/Yield/Power where 258 is your device instance.

55 minutes ago, georgelza said:

Try to use System values. There is a component called systemcalc that already does the hard work of finding out what the service name is of the vebus service, what the totals are for PV, and so on. So for grid power you'd look at:

N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/Grid/L1/Power
N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/Grid/L2/Power
N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/Grid/L3/Power

1 hour ago, georgelza said:

on / off topic

N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/ActiveIn/Source

1 = grid, 2 = genset, 3 = shore power, 240 (0xF0) = disconnected

Battery SoC => /Dc/battery/Soc ... there is also => /Soc

Again, use the system value, because systemcalc already does work to decide what battery monitor to use.

N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Dc/Battery/Soc

Output from Inverter to Essential line, I see => /Ac/Out/L1/P would this be the total output, the output back onto the input towards the Carlo Gavazzi or the output to the essential, Vout1

N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/ConsumptionOnOutput/L1/Power
N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/ConsumptionOnOutput/L2/Power
N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/ConsumptionOnOutput/L3/Power

Download the Modbus document from the Victron website. It explains most of the paths without the N/vrm-id/service/deviceinstance prefix.

Also look at the dbus wiki page.

That should give you a start.

... decoding what I gave... and what I'm seeing...

Battery SoC => /Dc/battery/Soc ... there is also => /Soc

Again, use the system value, because systemcalc already does work to decide what battery monitor to use.

N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Dc/Battery/Soc

same for:

Try to use System values. There is a component called systemcalc that already does the hard work of finding out what the service name is of the vebus service, what the totals are for PV, and so on. So for grid power you'd look at:

N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/Grid/L1/Power

so my take away is always try and use values coming from N/d0ff500097c0/system/ as far as possible

will do some subscriptions and work with data I get,

thanks

G

23 hours ago, plonkster said:

N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/ConsumptionOnOutput/L1/Power
 N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/ConsumptionOnOutput/L2/Power
N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/ConsumptionOnOutput/L3/Power

@Plonkster

ConsumptionOnOutput, is that the ACOut1, which in my case would be going to my Essential bar.

Is there a measurement that says how much the Inverter is pushing out on ACIn? aka Non Essential towards the Carlo Gavazzi.

Under what topic can I find the CG, I know the DeviceId, thinking the values it's saying thats coming in would align with the values "N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/Grid/L1/Power
" or is that basically where "N/d0ff500097c0/system/0/Ac/Grid/L1/Power" values originate from?

G

ConsumptionOnOutput, is that the ACOut1, which in my case would be going to my Essential bar.

If you have ACOut2 in use... then it would be the combined amount of the two. At least I think so... I never use AcOut2 🙂

how much the Inverter is pushing out on ACIn?

/Ac/ConsumptionOnInput/L1/Power shows power on the input side. If it is negative... then that is how much it is pushing out. But this measures (actually calculates) it for the whole installation, so if there is a current sensor/Energy meter installed, it will add that in, so if you are limiting grid feed-in to zero, then it will always hover around zero during normal self-consumption operation. So this is likely not what you want. In this case you have to consult the vebus values directly.

So this "ConsumptionOnOutput, is that the ACOut1, which in my case would be going to my Essential bar" then implies (my understanding, as a blend of all sources,  this is whatever is coming from PV, from batteries and grid to serve whats being asked for.

/Ac/ConsumptionOnInput/L1/Power => hmmm ok so I'm understanding this as input side, side defined as the CG. it's either positive i'm getting power, or drops down to 0 when I'm self consuming from batteries and PV (as the setup is don't feed back to grid. 

G

1 minute ago, georgelza said:

input side, side defined as the CG

Boet... my head is swimming and I don't have the time to figure this out today. I'm afraid you will have to figure this out on your own 🙂

Hi George

Have you tried logging all MQTT traffic over a few hours and then analysing the results? I setup a Home Assistant automation to Publish "R/system-ID/system/0/Serial" every minute - so that the CCGX keeps on publishing all MQTT info. I then used the following  to log all messages. 

mosquitto_sub -h localhost -t "N/#" -v > mqtt_log.txt

Edited by NigelL

I configured last night after allot of coffee and reading.

Moving various topics from VenusGX into OpenEnergyMonitor => MQTT:Broker, via a Node-Red sub=>VenusGX and Pub=>OEM.

I then also have additional rules/alerts now running on this data, that then for now just emails me... will be changed Telegram as soon as I've figured that out, which will be real time notifications then to me and wife.

I'm using OEM to consolidate the Power/Energy usage and graphs and pushing management of the sonoff switches onto the HA platform, itself getting data from OEM where needed. 

G

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...