Infinisolar inverters disconnecting from grid with new Smart meters

Frodo

On 2019/05/28 at 10:41 PM, Charl_CCU said:

I'm not sure what my installer did but they got my inverter (SolarEdge) to stop tripping the meter.

Hi @Charl_CCU do you have a 3 Phase or single phase SolarEdge inverter? I am now at the point of removing the SMA 10kW Tripower and replace it with a SolarEdge inverter but the technical support at SolarEdge informed me that I will still experience the same problem with the Conlog tripping. Don't really want to spend another R50k to end up with the same problem. 

Must admit after weeks of reading manuals of different inverters it seems that the only real solution is to go off-grid. This of course poses another challange / cost implication since I don't have any batteries with my current frid tied solution (non-working).

Is there any member that have a working 3 phase grid tied system working with a Conlog meter installed? Will be great to hear what inverter you are using.

40 minutes ago, wjb2103 said:

Conlog meter

So here I sit wondering, this is not the first nor that last on the Conlog meter.

Problems are opportunities right?

What are the options to resolve the sensitivity of the Conlog meters? The suppliers can fix it, but the council does not want to.
So, next step: Can one get another make and model to replace the Conlog from the council?
Or : What about a bi-directional meter, same one that CoCT wants installed if you want to feed back - but no-one feeds back?

Edited by Guest

19 hours ago, wjb2103 said:

Hi @Charl_CCU do you have a 3 Phase or single phase SolarEdge inverter? I am now at the point of removing the SMA 10kW Tripower and replace it with a SolarEdge inverter but the technical support at SolarEdge informed me that I will still experience the same problem with the Conlog tripping. Don't really want to spend another R50k to end up with the same problem. 

Must admit after weeks of reading manuals of different inverters it seems that the only real solution is to go off-grid. This of course poses another challange / cost implication since I don't have any batteries with my current frid tied solution (non-working).

Is there any member that have a working 3 phase grid tied system working with a Conlog meter installed? Will be great to hear what inverter you are using.

I have a single phase inverter. I can't speak about the 3-phase or industrial products products but I wound't recommend the SolarEdge setup I have for a few reasons. I would much rather have gotten a Victron inverter if I knew then how much  I now know about solar tech. I'm actually planning on getting a Victron Multiplus to add to the SolarEdge inverter.