Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Sign in to follow this  
Fazil

Infini Solar 10kw query

Hi i have another InfiniSolar 10kw installation that works well but....

It does not change to Eskom automatically.

Freedom Won battery shows 100% SOC in the morning but when we simulate drop of grid or remove the battery backup, the inverter comes up with an error.

It appears not to change over to Eskom automatically.

Some direction please?

4 hours ago, Fazil said:

InfiniSolar 10kw

It appears not to change over to Eskom automatically.

An InfiniSolar is a hybrid inverter. That means it's a grid tied inverter but with a battery; it pushes PV power into the grid to cover your loads. Your loads are connected to Eskom all the time, except when Eskom goes down. Then your essential loads (on the AC-out / loads connector) stay on the inverter, but the other (usually heavy, non-essential) loads (connected on the grid side) drop off.

So there is no "changeover to Eskom"; it's a disconnection of Eskom when the voltage drops below a threshold.

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding your concern.

3 hours ago, Coulomb said:

An InfiniSolar is a hybrid inverter. That means it's a grid tied inverter but with a battery; it pushes PV power into the grid to cover your loads. Your loads are connected to Eskom all the time, except when Eskom goes down. Then your essential loads (on the AC-out / loads connector) stay on the inverter, but the other (usually heavy, non-essential) loads (connected on the grid side) drop off.

So there is no "changeover to Eskom"; it's a disconnection of Eskom when the voltage drops below a threshold.

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding your concern.

@Coulomb thanks. So at which point does the battery kick in and support the loads?
Loads have a peak demand of around 9kwp which we have 15kwpv in and 30kwh lithium battery (Freedom Won)

i am trying to see perhaps connecting it as offgrid with manual change over is a better option although there is access to Eskom.

4 hours ago, Fazil said:

at which point does the battery kick in and support the loads?

My understanding is that this depends on the many relevant settings, particularly Mode. Pages 23-34 of this manual describes the relevant options.

4 hours ago, Fazil said:

... manual change over is a better option

I think that there are a lot of options to try before you resort to something like that.

12 hours ago, Fazil said:

the inverter comes up with an error.

Some more specifics could be helpful.

Loads have a peak demand of around 9kwp

Those are serious loads. Are they on the grid side or the AC-out / load side?

Are the balanced quite evenly across the three phases, or is it a real phase-to-phase load? If any phase exceeds 3.3 kW for more than a few seconds, that could be a big part of the problem.

[ Edit: added last quote and its response. ]

Edited by Coulomb

20 hours ago, Coulomb said:

My understanding is that this depends on the many relevant settings, particularly Mode. Pages 23-34 of this manual describes the relevant options.

I think that there are a lot of options to try before you resort to something like that.

Some more specifics could be helpful.

Those are serious loads. Are they on the grid side or the AC-out / load side?

Are the balanced quite evenly across the three phases, or is it a real phase-to-phase load? If any phase exceeds 3.3 kW for more than a few seconds, that could be a big part of the problem.

[ Edit: added last quote and its response. ]

On the ac load side.

Error is 11 then seems to disappear after few seconds.

I attached an image of the screen just beforenit comes up with an alarm.

First time i have seen this error.

Yesterday we tested and simulated load shedding, drop of pv (night time) depletion of batteries and each time the system changed over and compensated for the additional required power.

But intermittently i have such errors.

IMG-20190605-WA0010.jpg

The manual describes warnings and errors. The two are different, please ensure you are able to differentiate between the two.

You are most likely experiencing warning 11. This is an overload warning. 

If an overload condition is maintained, specifically in inverter mode (Off-Grid), the inverter will disable the output to protect itself. 

The output is illustrated by the light-bulb in the bottom right hand corner. 

HI All
Adding to the below, the inverter has been stable after few changes to priority settings.But now the following has been observed.

1) Client says that his electricity units have been consumed considering the is PVin combined of around 12kwh.

Loads connected: 1 or 2 grinders, drill only so loads should not been use from grid.

Priority settings: PV, Battery, Grid

Battery is full (30kwh)
Any suggestions?