Axpert King Inverter Firmware

Dear Webber, Coulomb Im a Youda´s friend hopefully, disponing with 3 parallel axpert kings and 14 kW in jinko pannels. I have 3 PIP 5048MK in one phase configuration,
If you are interested in some tests, I may "borrow my machines" to be tested in my lab.

I would say no problems with freezing, I have as I can remember all inverters with 71.80 version on all of them in parallel. I dont know how many times during day PF freezes but I cant see too much drops on PV.  my PIPs are feeding my house more less all the year.
I understood one thing if load reject for example 2 kW from load of the inverter, sometimes if charged battery I do have the PV cut of by the inverter,  maybe due to battery cant suck more power into it, and DC volts rise up rapidly, then disconnection of PV may occur.
Does anyone found this?

by the way this 2020 year it generated more less 6 MWh in total begining 1.1.2020 

In case of any testing of firmware by Weber or coulob is needed, I can offer inverter.

Regards Vit

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi @Coulomb @weber I see that you've done a lot of work for the PV community, namely when comes to improving firmware of a numerous Voltronic Axpert inverters. I noticed, that you're giving your

@Youda You sir are a gentleman!  Maybe a gofundme page? I am sure others share your sentiments. 

Good morning @Coulomb yes, of course, the sponsorship offer i still valid Personally, I have InfiniSolar in my setup, but I have a past experience with an Axpert too and I know that it's a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, vitecekmatrka said:

I have 3 PIP 5048MK in one phase configuration,
If you are interested in some tests, I may "borrow my machines" to be tested in my lab.

In case of any testing of firmware by Weber or coulob is needed, I can offer inverter.

Thanks. We will not be able to test paralleling of Kings, and perhaps 10% of the patches relate to paralleling, as we have to modify some of the CAN packets that are sent between master and slaves. So testing by people like you that have paralleled machines is needed. Someone with 3 machines is even better; two can be testing the paralleling, and if it doesn't work, you still have one to take the house loads while you restore the firmware to a known good version.

7 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

Thanks. We will not be able to test paralleling of Kings, and perhaps 10% of the patches relate to paralleling, as we have to modify some of the CAN packets that are sent between master and slaves. So testing by people like you that have paralleled machines is needed. Someone with 3 machines is even better; two can be testing the paralleling, and if it doesn't work, you still have one to take the house loads while you restore the firmware to a known good version.

Let me send a message if anything to be tested by me. I can try even I have a chance to feed house by national grid, so no worries about feeding
V. 

On 2020/07/19 at 11:26 PM, Coulomb said:

For main firmware, you can also use a USB On-The-Go cable to a flash drive with just dsp.hex on it. I don't believe that the same will work for the remote display firmware, though I don't know why. I suspect it can be done, but there may be a wrinkle that the first users didn't realise.

I came across the DSP firmware updating code in the removable display firmware yesterday. It's moderately complex. There is a lot of handshaking, state changing, changing of bit rate, and so on.

It made me realise that there is no way that a King or any other model with a removable display can update its own firmware. The bootstrap loader is designed to be very minimal, so that there are few if any bugs in it, and it never has to be updated.

When performing a DSP flash update using the OTG USB cable, the remote display firmware is doing all this (handshaking etc.); when using the ReflashTool on a PC, the reflash tool is doing all this.

When the remote display is updating its own firmware, it can't be using its own flash code to do all this; it has to rely on the ReflashTool on the PC.

So sadly, the remote display firmware will always have to be updated from a Windows PC.

I don't even know if the Bluetooth firmware can be updated at all. I assume that the SCC firmware can be updated from a PC, as with the Axpert MKS models, though I've not seen evidence of this so far.

So yesterday I added another us3000b (4 now in total) and updated the remote display and DSP firmware to 2.49 and 71.92.Today i've noticed my king seems to have an issue keeping track of how many batteries I have. It shows on the remote display any number from 1 to 4 randomly! My battery charge limit changes between 30A and 140A randomly too, causing my solar not to run at its full potential. Not sure if this is a Battery BMS issue or a Inverter issue. Anybody else experiencing this ? 

40 minutes ago, RichieRich said:

So yesterday I added another us3000b (4 now in total) and updated the remote display and DSP firmware to 2.49 and 71.92.Today i've noticed my king seems to have an issue keeping track of how many batteries I have. It shows on the remote display any number from 1 to 4 randomly! My battery charge limit changes between 30A and 140A randomly too, causing my solar not to run at its full potential. Not sure if this is a Battery BMS issue or a Inverter issue. Anybody else experiencing this ? 

@RichieRich,

What was your previous main firmware version?  Did everything work correctly with it?

I have 71.93 if you want to give it a try.  PM me if you want me to send you the files.

9 minutes ago, RichieRich said:

Is the BMS info processed by the DSP or Remote display ?

The removable display. Weber pointed out to me that there was already a remote display for the Axpert MKS models, so we should call it the removable display. Although Voltronic call it the remote display in places.

The removable display sends a handful of commands to the DSP, with the removable display firmware doing 99% of the "legwork". But they have to agree on those commands, so that's why the DSP and RD firmware have to be compatible versions.

On 2020/08/08 at 10:57 AM, RichieRich said:

I'm having the same issue.  The battery charging amps would continously drop to 30 and then back to 100 amps.  The screen from today looks much better than previous days, will post another tomorrow when the system is under a bit more load153686027_Screenshot_20200809-171142_VNCViewer.thumb.jpg.d878c6b12af07bb7be2d126ba5faac46.jpg

On 2020/07/31 at 12:06 PM, Gnome said:

Good luck, if you succeed come back and post so others can use that as a guide

I finally managed to get the firmware updated on both units, dsp and mcu. All I had to do is to reflash 2:49 AGAIN and then the mcu worked fine. Not sure what went wrong with the first reflash. The FTDI cable worked fine. (Bought from Matrix warehouse, UGREEN, USB > Serial)

Both Units are now on 2:49 (U2) and 71.92 (U1) and working in parallel. 

But I now have 3 new challenges:
1. The Slave Inverter gives the 61 (Communication with battery lost) error. This is because only the Master is connected to the Pylontech bank. Do I just ignore it?
2. I could not get Watchpower on laptop to connect to Master. I tried the USB > USB Micro like before with no success. Also tried the USB to RJ232 with no luck. Is this something to with the new firmware? (I can get comms on the android app via bluetooth)
3. The Master gave a 04 warning this morning. Battery bank at 10%. Previously Utility would kick in at 20% and utility charging max set to 2A worked perfect for me. Setting is SLB UCB an 05 set to "PYL". Is this firmware, parallel or settings issue?

2 hours ago, Plaashaas said:

I finally managed to get the firmware updated on both units, dsp and mcu. All I had to do is to reflash 2:49 AGAIN and then the mcu worked fine. Not sure what went wrong with the first reflash. The FTDI cable worked fine. (Bought from Matrix warehouse, UGREEN, USB > Serial)

Glad to hear - also to debunk myths like "FTDI232 is a TTL level RS-232 serial port, it 100% will not work with Axpert."

The Slave Inverter gives the 61 (Communication with battery lost) error. This is because only the Master is connected to the Pylontech bank. Do I just ignore it?

My own experience is that the King simply does not work in parallel mode with PYL setting.  (I have not tried it since 71.86, but it was a disaster)  I had to revert to USE setting.

1 hour ago, Plaashaas said:

I could not get Watchpower on laptop to connect to Master

Are you running the latest version? 1.13 SP. 9 is needed for latest King firmware.

The Master gave a 04 warning this morning

Do you get solar input?  With my parallel setup on 71.86 the system could not see PV once it had gone overnight.  I had to do a complete power-down every morning for PV to be restored.

I have not had the courage (or need, I have done a work-around) to try my Kings in parallel with PYL setting since 71.86.  I will be very interested to hear how yours go.  Has the PV issue been resolved?  Also the over-charging?

26 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Do you get solar input?  With my parallel setup on 71.86 the system could not see PV once it had gone overnight.  I had to do a complete power-down every morning for PV to be restored.

Should add: this was when using PYL setting.  This was "resolved" by changing to USE.

29 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I have not had the courage (or need, I have done a work-around) to try my Kings in parallel with PYL setting since 71.86.  I will be very interested to hear how yours go.  Has the PV issue been resolved?  Also the over-charging?

When I left this morning it was still dark but later could confirm PV is coming in and charging the battery. "PV issue", I presume there was/is a issue with Firmware? What should I look for?
"Over-charging" too soon to say. 

7 minutes ago, Calvin said:

My own experience is that the King simply does not work in parallel mode with PYL setting.  (I have not tried it since 71.86, but it was a disaster)  I had to revert to USE setting.

Will check it tonight after a day in "PYL". Care to share USE settings?

My setup at this stage is like this. But only Inverter 1, Master is connected to the Pylontech BMS. Not sure how the slave will handle this?

US3000 Connection.JPG

Care to share USE settings?

My settings may not be very relevant as I have a micro-controller based system that reads data from the pylons and the inverters and manages the system, by changing target voltages and switching between Line and Battery mode by disconnecting the grid with a contactor.  (It essentially performs the same function as something like ICC)

The most important settings are the charging settings:
Setting 26 (bulk) : 52.5V  this gets SOV to 100 but prevents overcharging
Setting 27 (float) : 50.5V  this reduces SOC to about 99.7%, but reduces the fast ageing that occurs in these batteries when kept at high voltages
Setting 29 (battery low) : 41V this stops the low battery warnings

I have experienced lots of issues with the inverters either not going to float mode, or continuously switching between float and bulk - essentially it looks like they cannot agree and slaves continuously override the master.  I still need to investigate whether this is a calibration issue or not.  For now my management system changes the bulk setting to 50.7V once the battery is full, and back to 52.5V the next day.

"PV issue", I presume there was/is a issue with Firmware? What should I look for?

Very simple: no PV at all, except if the inverters are started (from completely off) when the sun is shining!  It was a bit of a deal-breaker...

37 minutes ago, Plaashaas said:

So I should just ignore "61" on slave? 

Not very re-assuring, is it?  But, if it works...

So I should just ignore "61" on slave? 

Are you saying this occurs with main firmware version 71.92 and removable display firmware version 02.49, and setting 05 (battery type) = PYL? I would have hoped that this would not happen.

3 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

Are you saying this occurs with main firmware version 71.92 and removable display firmware version 02.49, and setting 05 (battery type) = PYL? I would have hoped that this would not happen.

That is correct. Warning 61 on Slave (SL) unit. U1 71.92 and U2 2:49

5 hours ago, Plaashaas said:

That is correct. Warning 61 on Slave (SL) unit. U1 71.92 and U2 2:49

Also picked up more serious problem. The max charging current randomly jumps around. Whilst watching the settings it would change on its own from 10A, 50A, 110A, all within about 2 minutes. I manually changed it to 120A (4x30A US3000) but it would change to anything else. This explains why my bank did not charge full on a perfect day. 

Before the 2nd inverter, and array, it would be at 100% SOC around 14:00 on a day like today. 

I can confirm that the PV was working although not to full potential, probably got clipped because of the lack of load or in this case restrictions on Max charging current. 

10 hours ago, Calvin said:

This seems to be resolved with 71.92.

8 minutes ago, Plaashaas said:

Also picked up more serious problem. The max charging current randomly jumps around. Whilst watching the settings it would change on its own from 10A, 50A, 110A, all within about 2 minutes. I manually changed it to 120A (4x30A US3000) but it would change to anything else. This explains why my bank did not charge full on a perfect day. 

Before the 2nd inverter, and array, it would be at 100% SOC around 14:00 on a day like today. 

I can confirm that the PV was working although not to full potential, probably got clipped because of the lack of load or in this case restrictions on Max charging current. 

Mine was doing the same thing. It can’t make up it’s mind as to the amount of batteries attached. Hence the jumping around of the charge current value. However when I set the value at 140a on ICC it seems to be allowing full solar charge without jumping around. 
I’ve  also set my  charge voltage to 52.3v and it’s charging to around that value 

EF486385-86DB-41B3-8A55-409430ED50A7.jpeg

4 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Is it always those three figures?

Seems to be random because this morning it was 40A when I checked. I will monitor for a longer period and report back. 

4 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Does the "P03" figure on this screen jump about, as @Richyrich seems to be finding?

I will have to check. 

I have also set the "back to Grid" Voltage to 48% and found the batteries at 22% this morning charging from grid. So that worked. The Max charging V (AC) seems to be stable meaning if I set it to 2A it accepts and keeps the setting.