Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
miles

Axpert King - can't stop it charging from utility

9 hours ago, Dex_ said:

Is the source for the axperts firmware openly available?

No, not at all. I'm able to reverse engineer the hex files from a firmware update file, with some difficulty. 

I came across this post by accident. 
Ever Since I changed my inverter to SbL from SLb the charge kicked in a couple minutes after midnight.
Since my inverter keep loosing time and it is about 5 minutes behind this can explain why it switch to charging the batteries at that time (+- 00:05). It only charge between 30 minutes up to an hour, regardless of the battery SOC.

When set in SLb it will go to grid at around 22%-25% SOC (at whatever time it happens, can be between 03:00 and 05:00 and will continue to charge until the PV produce enough watts to carry the load.

I have seen/found a manual somewhere where these inverters can be set at a certain time through the LCD menu to change the priority by the hour although my inverter do not have this function.

I see that Coulumb has mentioned the “hourly priority” above. 

I am still monitoring this and will compare with my data from the previous weeks as I am trying to minimize my grid usage as well as getting the batteries full before PV fall away in the afternoon.

I changed from SLb to SbL as we had a couple days last week with many clouds and could not get the batteries fully charged in those conditions, I hoped to have similar weather conditions on the 2nd setting to see if it will influence the batteries SOC and cycles.

I will also compare the grid use between the two settings to determine which setting will be the best for minimal grid usage.
My system never go back to grid except for the times mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Wilfred said:

Ever Since I changed my inverter to SbL from SLb the charge kicked in a couple minutes after midnight.
Since my inverter keep loosing time and it is about 5 minutes behind this can explain why it switch to charging the batteries at that time (+- 00:05). It only charge between 30 minutes up to an hour, regardless of the battery SOC.

Hi @Wilfred

the above is a known bug (https://powerforum.co.za/topic/3784-axpert-king-cant-stop-it-charging-from-utility/?tab=comments#comment-58281)

I met @vit couple of weeks ago and he's still waiting for a new firmware that should fix it (possibly). I will ask him to post an update once the FW will be applied.

To be honest, I don’t even mind for the system to go on-grid for an hour at midnight. My current weekly use is around 34kWh per week from 32kWh per day. I have lowered the grid charge rate from 20A per inverter to 10A per inverter and only have to decide if I will lower it further. This change have not yet reflect on my usage as I only did it like a day or two ago.

Only thing that is on-grid bypassing the inverters is the oven.
Most of our loads are during 8am to 3pm daily with much less loads over weekends.
It previously was well later than 3pm, but when you go solar, you learn to change use and usage times :)

I am trying to reserve 14:00 to 16:00 for battery charging time, unless you have a day like today with midday rain. Still went in with 86% SOC at 17:30. The beep will be any moment now when PV will be 0 watts, everyday between 18:15 and 18:45, not that it help a lot after 16:30 anyway.

21 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

No, sorry. I don't find time to read King firmware these days.

Ah cool, thanks. Any chance you can provide me with a dump?