SEMS portal :'(

Bobster.

SEMS portal usually gives me two views at the same time. One is a near real time power flow (from grid, from PV, to or from battery) and the other is a graph showing what has happened since midnight (state of charge, power demand, PV power used etc). 

This morning I get the former but not the latter.

It is possible that I have clicked on something, but I saw the difference as soon as I logged in.

My inverter is sending data. The power flow display is there, and the phone on my app shows the graph (but oh so tiny).

Anybody got any advice on what I can select from a confusing bunch of menu options?

4 minutes ago, Pietpower said:

My 'SEMS Portal' Android app seems to be working fine.  Yesterday I had the chrome app on my phone not updating to the correct day. That started working when I cleared the cache.

The app is working OK for me now. Earlier this morning it didn't want to know about July 17th, I couldn't select that date. But now it's OK. Maybe it wants a certain amount of data before it does any graphing.

4 minutes ago, Pietpower said:

I still can't view the graph full screen on chrome, internet explorer or chrome on my phone.

Anyone else have the same problem?

When I click on the circled button I get the error 404 as below

Sems graph button.JPGSems error 404.JPG

I get that too. Though I only noticed that feature yesterday. 

There is a way to get a bigger graph in the browser - but it omits the load trace.

From the main page that you showed, click on Devices, then on Curve.

• 5 months later...

Hi Bobster

I see we have very similar systems and hope you can give me some advice.

Do you use the PV Master app ?   Can you select the different modes of operation ?

My system is working fine but when I try to set General Mode I get real crazy results.  The system tries to feed the grid using my battery power.  I have to keep it on Backup mode.

Cheers

Larry

Sorry for the necroposting, but this morning the portal is, for me, playing up again

The line graph flattened out at 9:10, but the SOC, the "Today Generation", the PV power meter (top left in this image) and the power flow diagram (bottom of picture) continue to refresh. So, again, my inverter is sending data, the data is being received, but the portal display is misbehaving.

I have tried using Chrome and the SEMS app on my phone, and using Firefox and Edge on my PC (Chrome is currently kaput). They all show the same. I get the headlines, but not the full story.*

A major concern here is that the portal continue to aggregate this data. It has long been a frustration for me, with regular losses of the wifi connection, that I can't pull accurate figures from the portal to know how the system performed each month and thus how much I would have paid which tells me how I much I saved.

As to the PV master app. My Goodwe inverter was recently updated to the latest versions of the inverter and the wifi firmware (contrary to what I'd been told, Goodwe could push the updates onto my inverter). I was told this would allow PV master to work correctly now, that it requires a certain release of the wifi firmware.

What I've found is that on my wife's LG, PV master is completely reliable, and she doesn't even need to connect to the inverter's wifi, just to the same router that the inverter is using.

On my Huawei this is a much more hit and miss affair - irrespective of which wifi I connect to. Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't. So the problems may be phone or android version specific.

image.thumb.png.5e734ebd9c0825292ba251e70d088441.png

* this happened on new year's eve as well. The graph flat line about 18:00 local time. It magically started working again at midnight.

Myself and neighbour had same issues with SEMS portal - PV Master has no issues on my mobile. interestingly - I have a little utility on a PI that grabs info from SEMS and uploads it to PVOUTPUT.org - this did not have the flatline on Monday

Edited by pspspeed
added info

3 hours ago, pspspeed said:

Myself and neighbour had same issues with SEMS portal - PV Master has no issues on my mobile. interestingly - I have a little utility on a PI that grabs info from SEMS and uploads it to PVOUTPUT.org - this did not have the flatline on Monday

Do you mind sharing this utility or where it can be obtained from?

Hi -

I also had a flat line on the SEMS portal from the 5th till the 11th.  I was away at the time, with no internet access so I didn't notice.  When I came back and saw the flat line, I reset my WiFi router and everything was up and running again.

I have noticed a couple of times before that the SEMS portal flat lined then seemed to came back again by itself.  I suspect that I noticed the WiFi problem and reset it each time.  Only later did I see the SEMS flat line and didn't couple the two.  I am now quite sure that my flat lines were due to the WiFi dropping connection.

Cheers

LPG

• 1 month later...
On 2020/01/06 at 10:30 AM, Bobster said:

Sorry for the necroposting, but this morning the portal is, for me, playing up again

The line graph flattened out at 9:10, but the SOC, the "Today Generation", the PV power meter (top left in this image) and the power flow diagram (bottom of picture) continue to refresh. So, again, my inverter is sending data, the data is being received, but the portal display is misbehaving.

I have tried using Chrome and the SEMS app on my phone, and using Firefox and Edge on my PC (Chrome is currently kaput). They all show the same. I get the headlines, but not the full story.*

A major concern here is that the portal continue to aggregate this data. It has long been a frustration for me, with regular losses of the wifi connection, that I can't pull accurate figures from the portal to know how the system performed each month and thus how much I would have paid which tells me how I much I saved.

As to the PV master app. My Goodwe inverter was recently updated to the latest versions of the inverter and the wifi firmware (contrary to what I'd been told, Goodwe could push the updates onto my inverter). I was told this would allow PV master to work correctly now, that it requires a certain release of the wifi firmware.

What I've found is that on my wife's LG, PV master is completely reliable, and she doesn't even need to connect to the inverter's wifi, just to the same router that the inverter is using.

On my Huawei this is a much more hit and miss affair - irrespective of which wifi I connect to. Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't. So the problems may be phone or android version specific.

image.thumb.png.5e734ebd9c0825292ba251e70d088441.png

* this happened on new year's eve as well. The graph flat line about 18:00 local time. It magically started working again at midnight.

See you have 13kw comming from utility... is this data that comes from the smart meter (as I still need to connect it) recent I stalled my system so still figuring out some bugs.

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

See you have 13kw comming from utility... is this data that comes from the smart meter (as I still need to connect it) recent I stalled my system so still figuring out some bugs.

It's thirteen watts

This is for a Goodwe ES inverter. 

The inverter sends data to the portal. I would guess that this particular figure originates with the smart meter, but I'm not sure. 

13 hours ago, Sparkles said:

is this data that comes from the smart meter

yes it is. Without the EZ Meter (Goodwe name for the current measuring devise on the grid supply) the inverter will not be able to determine the current flowing in or out of the grid.   

I no longer get the flow diagram on SEMS Portal, as in Sparkles quote above, just a screen with a big blue circle showing Generation for the day and other relevant info on both sides of the circle as below, and it is the same on the Android app. Is there any way to get the flow diagram back?

653791716_Screenshot2020-02-2209_45_04.thumb.png.8a43ccd1a06cce8c73516fb87f2cb493.png

17 minutes ago, Maxmax2 said:

I no longer get the flow diagram on SEMS Portal

in the window showing the total generation (big blue circle) there should be a field (on the left) where you can choose "Energy Flow" or "Devises" to me it looks like you are displaying the "Devises" and not the "Energy Flow". So if this is the case just click on the "Energy Flow" tab

13 hours ago, Sparkles said:

my Bad... yes 13 watts... id be proud of that too :)

have the ES model as well. odd that it works on PV master but not on SEMs... maybe it is that smart meter...??.

There is a registration process on SEMS. Your inverter doesn't get included automagically.  My installer did the registration of mine so that it's registered as a part of a group so that he can monitor all his installations.

There is nothing anywhere that you can choose another view, only the "Curve" above the big blue circle to the right which changes the view to a graph similar to the one already displayed above the normal view. I see that my PV Master has also changed since the last update, and no longer shows the backup load and mains load separately, but just shows one load as SEMS Portal used to show.

2 hours ago, Maxmax2 said:

There is nothing anywhere that you can choose another view

I just had a look at my SEMS station (see below). I am not sure why SEMS looks different when it displays your station. Maybe other Goodwe users can check ( @Bobster?). You can also consider contacting Goodwe support to get to the bottom of this.   

sems.JPG.122c5f02359d32642a332f347d541639.JPG.

Thank you @Fuenkli, that is what my SEMS Portal used to look like. It changed about 3 or 4 weeks ago. My SEMS Portal android app also changed about the same time, and now all I see is a graph of the daily generation. I do have the option to see a graph of daily, monthly or yearly generation. I will email Goodwe support as suggested. Does anyone have a reliable contact who I can email and get a response?