Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Jaco de Jongh

Did I do you wrong (Or Right)?

Hi All. I have realized again today, that trust don't fall from the sky, and that it should be earned. From experience, word of mouth referrals are some of the strongest "trust" building blocks available.

I will keep this post as part of my commercial section.

To all the forum members that have become a client of mine, please share your experience here, whether its bad or good, whether you thought I offered good or bad service, it does not matter.. To improve I need your opinions. 

Hi all. I just want to thank Jaco of Go-Solar for all the help and exceptional service. After re quoting me multiple times (I wasn't sure about the mounting hardware I required) and re designing the hardware requirements, I eventually picked Jaco as my supplier of choice. I was not disappointed. He communicated well through the whole process and was proven to be extremely trustworthy. I would recommend dealing with Jaco to anyone looking to procure anything solar related or installations. 

Yes, Jaco supplied me with panels and built a combiner box and etc for my project at home.  Great prices and including arranging shipping it to me in Cape Town.  Falling off a roof in the middle of our transaction and ending up in hospital did delay things a little, obviously, but even with that going down he kept in contact and delivered that combiner box first thing when he got home.

Great service from a top bloke. 

Who I hope is now fully recovered!

I also had a really positive experience dealing with Jaco. He helped me put together a complete mounting system for my IBR roof. Shipment to my house was quick and affordable. He also went beyond the call of duty and shipped me his crimper to use on my install. This was really an unexpected offer and saved me  money not having to buy my own. Will definitely work with Jaco again. Thanks Jaco!

I received amazing service from Jaco, from the fist time I posted for help on solar, I had a vague idea what I wanted, but with constant chatting (would have annoyed a lot of people with some silly questions) to Jaco he helped me get to the best solution. He got all the equipment delivered perfectly and sorted out suppliers issues of sending the wrong parts without any delays caused to me,  he even came out to sort out a constant problem with my wifi on the inverter, constantly liaising with the supplier (which was trying to pass the buck).  I would give Jaco a 10/10 for service and especially after service, a great guy as well.

Same here. I can highly recommend Jaco to any prospective solar user, and I will use his services again. The fact that he was willing to assist me with my installation to sort out issues, even though

• I was the installer; 
  • He did not know me, neither supplied any equipment, advice, or assistance;
  • I bought all my equipment from a local guy;
  • He sat more than 400km away from Pretoria,

he was still willing to sort out my issues. That tells one quite a bit about a person. Thanks again Jaco.

Another thumbs-up. The pricing on- and shipping of the PV modules and mounting hardware (two separate transactions) was impressively affordable, so much that it made no sense for me to go rent a trailer and DIY as I always do. Except for that time you went and fell of a ladder and scared the cr*p out of all of us... I can't fault you 😛

Getting 120kg's of batteries from Gauteng to the Western Cape, I did not believe it could be done so quick, affordably and efficiently.

Thanks to Jaco.

I found Jaco on this site when he and some others responded to a query I had. Jaco out of his own got in touch with me and came to my farm to have a look at my setup. He did this without any expectation of the work. I so much appreciated this and his help and advice while he was on site. He has so far returned to install a mounting system on my IBR roof and the service was excellent and efficient. He was very patient answering my questions and understanding my situation. I am very thankful to Jaco and can really recommend him. He goes out of his way to help where he can and is open and honest about the process. Thank you Jaco. 

I have had the pleasure of doing business with Jaco.

There are very few men left in this world that have character that one can aspire to. Jaco and most of the advanced/master users are those guys. Willing to help without reservation,no matter who are,how much money you have,etc and best of all to make the world a better place

To Jaco I agree 100%

On 2019/08/16 at 1:05 PM, Hannah Barnes said:

He was very patient answering my questions and understanding my situation. I am very thankful to Jaco and can really recommend him. He goes out of his way to help where he can and is open and honest about the process.

Knowledge comes with experience.I for one have learned a lot from just reading the posts

To all the guyz that manage this forum thank you for really making a difference in my opinion

I recently had Jaco install my system for me in Pretoria. 

He is really professional and always made time to answer any questions -- often even replying to WhatsApp messages late at night or over weekends. 

His price was quite competitive compared to some of the local guys, even though it had to include travel and accommodation for 3 people. I didn't feel that he was trying to make a quick buck in any of the items and all the equipment he chose was top notch.  

Work was on time and on budget. Communication was good -- especially since loadshedding and the coronavirus started just as I was about to order and it sent the supply chain globally into a tailspin. He underpromised yet overdelivered -- his original estimate as to when equipment would be available was adjusted to 2 weeks earlier.

The actual installation was really cleanly and well done with everything perfectly labeled and well thought out. He's the type of contractor that I wish could do my whole house, rather than just the PV system! The system is running perfectly at the moment and I haven't looked back since. 

If you're interested in a Victron system I would definitely recommend him!

Posted (edited)

I know it seems like many of us are gushing over Jaco here...that's because we are. Everything said about him here is true.

I have the highest regard for him in every respect and would have zero hesitation in recommending him to anyone .

Edited by VisN