Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Cef

Energy readings in real time from any power inverter.

Hi @Jaco de Jongh

I was doing some tests based on your question and I confirmed that at 9600 baud I cannot decrease to less than 100ms. without the CRC errors being more than 20% and about 70 ms they are practically 90% errors. I guess the cable influences. I do not use a specific cable for RS485. I use one of UTP Cat5e Network. Also detect that at higher speeds the Eastron SDM 220 slave gives me more CRC errors than the SDM230. Currently at 1000 ms with 4800 baud the CRC errors are absolutely nonexistent, at least for 15 consecutive days. While I could adjust to 9600 baud and 500 ms with very few discarded data, I must continue with 1,000 ms. because I must try as synchronously as possible with the Readings that I take from the BMV702 over RS232 because the "Text mode" of this device refreshes the data every 1000 ms and this cannot be modified. Since the final objective is to record every 10 seconds an average of the Grid Power, Loads Power,  Batteries Power and the Effective Solar Power that I calculate based on the previous actual readings, samples every 1 (UN) second are  sufficient. The interesting thing is that I can calculate with great precision the Internal Real Consumption of any inverter and aprox the Conversion Efficiency of AC to DC batteries and DC to AC. Regards !

Edited by Cef

On 2019/08/19 at 2:30 AM, PJJ said:

Your client App doesn't seem to be thread safe.

Hi @PJJ

Good observation. but you are only seeing a part of things. It is not the idea that this is the final application. It's just a test and a part of something bigger. You must consider that

1) I use a Control that for each MODBUS RTU task, opens a processor thread independent of the one on which the application you are watching runs. In other words, in the video you are seeing 3 processor threads running in parallel, that of the client application itself and that of each Eastron SDM.

2) What I cannot open in a different thread is the reading of the character buffer sent by the VE DIRECT interface via RS232, which at approximately 19,000 baud is true that does not leave too much power for other processes when handling them within the same thread.

3) However, point 2) I solve when application that is, only the reading of data and recording of Records in Databases, leave it as Resident application, invisible to the user and integrate it with a 2nd) Application that is what the client sees, being similar to the SOLAR POWER software that has a Resident application and an Application for the End User that is the one seen on the Desktop. If you look at the concept of my 1st development: PHORAM in the Internet of Things forum you will see what I mean. Phoram are actually 2 executables: 1. PhoramTray and 2. PhoramApp. While there are more complex techniques for sharing data between different threads of a processor and different applications from each other, to the resident application I leave the task of communicating with the device and record the readings physically on disk at regular intervals. Finally, the Application that the end user sees only reads the Records recorded by the Resident Application and interacts with a large number of works and with the End User.

Best regards !

Edited by Cef

On 2019/09/10 at 8:03 AM, Dennis said:

hi

where can i get this software shown above?

Hi !

This weekend in the Forum Download Zone.  RTPhoram application (Do not confuse with Phoram)

This YouTube video shows a briefly earlier version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqF4P1OCEb4&t=77s

But please remember that it doesn't work if you don't have:

1) 2(two) Eastron MOD BUS meters (I recommend the SDM230 model)

2) 1(one) RS485 to RS232 interface

3) 1(one) VICTRON BMV600 / 702 and VE-DIRECT to Rs232 or VE-Direct to USB Cable battery meter.

And all connected.-

4 hours ago, aitorF said:

buenas me e descargado y me pide un nombre y una contraseña?

me podeis decir donde se encuentra 

Antes de cualquier otra cosa, te das cuenta que necesitas en forma previa 2 dispositivos Eastron SDM MODBUS, un Medidor de Baterias Victron BMV700 o 702 un cable VEDirect a USB para conectar el Victron a una PC y una Interfaz de conversión RS485 a RS232  a donde se conectan los Medidores de corriente SDM ? Ya tienes todo ese hardware ?

14 hours ago, Cef said:

Antes de cualquier otra cosa, te das cuenta que necesitas en forma previa 2 dispositivos Eastron SDM MODBUS, un Medidor de Baterías Victron BMV700 o 702 un cable VEDirect un USB para conectar el Victron a una PC y una Interfaz de conversión RS485 a RS232 a donde se conectan los Medidores de corriente SDM? Ya tienes todo ese hardware?

si lo tengo ya montado 

un saludo

Posted (edited)

Perfecto.

Ejecuta la aplicación y verás que en una caja de información te da las condiciones y las instrucciones claramente en inglés para solicitar la clave. Tengo una versión mucho más nueva. En cuanto pueda la subo.

Te recomiendo usar 4800 baudios en la configuración de los SDM y 2 números de esclavos ModBus diferentes. Yo uso 1 para el de cargas y 2 para el de la Red. Deberás conocer los puertos RS232 asignados  por windows tanto del conversor Rs485 a Rs232 como de la Interfaz VEdirect a USB.

Lo otro que debes notar es que los cálculos seran absolutamente exactos siempre y  cuando  Todas las Cargas estén en la Salida de BACKUP del Inversor de potencia. Esto depende de tu instalación original. 

Si no lo has hecho observa los videos que subí a YouTube.

Saludos cordiales.

Edited by Cef