Goodwe ES 4.6kW Hybrid Inverter

TheoG

Any current opinions on this unit? Would ideally go Multiplus II + CC (Smart 150/70) + Wifi + CCGX but the Goodwe offers much the same (except for the CCGX) and two built in MPPT's (which could play in my favour as my roof gets shade) for about R18k less.... Thats almost a Pylon's price...

Yes, my first choice would be blue, but R18k is a lot of moola especially if you need all the other stuff too...

i think i was one of the first users of the Goodwe's besides Neil, he was my first client with one, they work well, stable, sometimes have firmware issues i.e SOC, but built pretty well and solid. the duall MPPT is a def plus point and a steal at current prices....but actually the blue is great too...

On 2019/08/24 at 7:30 PM, TheoG said:

Any current opinions on this unit? Would ideally go Multiplus II + CC (Smart 150/70) + Wifi + CCGX but the Goodwe offers much the same (except for the CCGX) and two built in MPPT's (which could play in my favour as my roof gets shade) for about R18k less.... Thats almost a Pylon's price...

Yes, my first choice would be blue, but R18k is a lot of moola especially if you need all the other stuff too...

GoodWe is a good choice, but some of their inverters (ie: EM line) derates a lot when running in a backup mode:

GW3648D-ES = 4600Wp / 3680W ongrid / 3680W backup
GW5048D-ES = 6500Wp / 4600W ongrid / 4600W backup
GW3648-EM  = 4600Wp / 3680W ongrid / 2300W backup

So, when acquiring a GoodWe inverter, just double-check which exact model are you buying then check the specs and the manual too...

I have installed both. I love Victron. Once the penny drop and you understand the basic config it is a very nice system.

I have a Goodwe ES 4.6 in my own house. I do not think I will need more generation than I am getting now so add on or extra settings is not what I need so for me Goodwe is perfect. Nice and easy plug and play unit with 4 basic settings. Nice thing is that you can oversize panels to 6000W on the 4.6kW model. This gives you nice generation from early to late and good results in lower light conditions. The 600V DC input on the mppt's also make for a easy and cheaper install.

If you may need to add on in future or need some unusual setting for charging/discharging Victron is the way to go. I love the Victron VRM remote controle APP. It keeps on updating in real time as with Goodwe you need to refresh yourself.