Sonoff Switch For Pool Pump

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

New to all this, getting a pool installed soon and want to have this option, of controlling the pool pump and light. Looking to get the electrician to do it straight away. 

What is required in terms of Sonoff devices if i wanted to do both? Light and Pump automation. My assumptions is the Sonoff POW2 and a Basic Sonoff switch?

Really appreciate the help. 

Edited by devont
59 minutes ago, devont said:

Hi All,

New to all this, getting a pool installed soon and want to have this option, of controlling the pool pump and light. Looking to get the electrician to do it straight away. 

What is required in terms of Sonoff devices if i wanted to do both? Light and Pump automation. My assumptions is the Sonoff POW2 and a Basic Sonoff switch?

Really appreciate the help. 

You should be able to use a sonoff basic for the light. 
For the pump, some have used the 16A sonoffs directly but it’s recommended to use an external power switching relay/ contactor as some have had their sonoffs burn out. So I would rather use a sonoff basic + a 30 / 40A relay. It anyway works out cheaper than the POW. A 40A relay from AC/DC or AC/DC express is about R82. 

image.jpg

3 hours ago, Vassen said:

You should be able to use a sonoff basic for the light. 
For the pump, some have used the 16A sonoffs directly but it’s recommended to use an external power switching relay/ contactor as some have had their sonoffs burn out. So I would rather use a sonoff basic + a 30 / 40A relay. It anyway works out cheaper than the POW. A 40A relay from AC/DC or AC/DC express is about R82. 

image.jpg

Thanks for the info, any preferred supplier i can use to order online? :)

56 minutes ago, devont said:

Sorry just got it :) AC/DC 

AC/DC for the relay but probably not for the sonoff. I get my sonoff from communica, they seem reasonable. I’m in GP so just go to the store but I think they also do deliveries. 

1 minute ago, Vassen said:

AC/DC for the relay but probably not for the sonoff. I get my sonoff from communica, they seem reasonable. I’m in GP so just go to the store but I think they also do deliveries. 

Just noticed the store is down the road from me will definitely give them a visit. thanks for the advice, the electrician better know what's going on. :) :) 

Hi All

Hope great. Need some help. Is a standard pool light for a splash pool 24VDC? Also what current draw? The transformer broke in the box. So thinking of just replacing it with an AC adaptor. Let me have your thoughts?

Sincerely.

Jay

3 minutes ago, Energy said:

Hi All

Hope great. Need some help. Is a standard pool light for a splash pool 24VDC? Also what current draw? The transformer broke in the box. So thinking of just replacing it with an AC adaptor. Let me have your thoughts?

Sincerely.

Jay

They are typical 12V 125W