Floating Wall Install

PaBz0r

Hi All,

Anybody care to share some ideas or photos of installations that have been done in such a way? 

Due to my install having a lot of trunking going into different directions, it does look a bit busy and untidy. I was thinking of covering it up with a sheet of something (Maizey's have some options, Polycarbonate perhaps) and drilling holes for ventilation if I do leave everything still mounted directly to the wall. Thinking of providing some mechanism to easily remove it to get back to the trunking/wiring if needed. 

Not sure if there are any regulations around what can be used for such a purpose?

Edited by PaBz0r

6 hours ago, PaBz0r said:

Due to my install having a lot of trunking going into different directions, it does look a bit busy and untidy

This is a common problem with most inverter installations. There is always all the clutter that sits around the inverter. 

As far as the regulations go, I don’t think its a problem covering up the trunking, to neaten it up, as long as your switchgear and junction boxes is accessible and labelled. 

In my own installation I tried to hide all the wires and ended up using non-standard channel steel lying around that could cover up as much wires as possible. I also installed it in the garage out of sight.🙂

1888012E-14AC-4199-B7C5-01B8BEFEDF32.jpeg

Looks tidy enough :) my issue is a very busy cupboard and the initial trunking was cut/changed which does not align nicely anymore. 

Regarding regulations, I have heard that covering with masonite is not allowed due to fire risk.

Another option might be to use ceiling board instead of masonite to cover the trunking and it will not catch fire easy.

In the earlier days the counsel used masonite to mount KWH meters and circuit breakers at most houses. But that was probably bad practice and times have changed.