Axpert inverter draining battery and switching off

Elangeni

Hi everyone , 

I need help.

I have an installation of 4.8 kW PV  system with an Axpert MKS 5kVA 48vDC Inverter

I have recently bought a  3.5KWh  pylon tech battery and connected it to the system.

I have programmed the inverter to be Sol priority, hoping to use PV during the day, then batteries and switch over to utility when battery power is low. 

What happens however is that the PV kicks in early in the morning,  powers load and charges  battery. When the battery gets to about 54 V the system goes to battery and switches of PV.

Then the battery gets drained and after a while when the system shuts down.

program:

01= Sol

12= 44V

13=48V

26=56.4V

Regards 

Elangeni     

1 hour ago, Elangeni said:

Hi everyone , 

I need help.

I have an installation of 4.8 kW PV  system with an Axpert MKS 5kVA 48vDC Inverter

I have recently bought a  3.5KWh  pylon tech battery and connected it to the system.

I have programmed the inverter to be Sol priority, hoping to use PV during the day, then batteries and switch over to utility when battery power is low. 

What happens however is that the PV kicks in early in the morning,  powers load and charges  battery. When the battery gets to about 54 V the system goes to battery and switches of PV.

Then the battery gets drained and after a while when the system shuts down.

program:

01= Sol

12= 44V

13=48V

26=56.4V

Regards 

Elangeni     

4.8Kw is a bit high no? I am assuming you are factoring for losses but you could see it spike sometimes...

what are settings 2, 27, 29?

26 is too high - you should lower this to 53.2V - you are probably never charging properly as the bms is hopefully stopping you 

12 and 13 are too low imo also - suggested is
12 - 48V
13 - 51V
if you are running on battery before utility and want to drain them more you can probably lower them a bit, maybe try 46 and 49

and for your actual issue - it sounds like you are experiencing the same as these people: https://powerforum.co.za/topic/4288-axpert-inverter-switching-to-battery-power-at-midday/ 

Edited by Dex_

Hi Dex, 

Thanks for the response.

Yes the 4.8kW,  I am referring to 12 x 400W panels

settings:

2=30A

27=54.1 V

29=42.0V

Thanks for the recommendation on the setting; Will try it out 

And definitely the issues I have described are the same as those on the conversation. I will follow the chat to see if there is a solution

Regards

Elangeni 

11 minutes ago, Elangeni said:

Hi Dex, 

Thanks for the response.

Yes the 4.8kW,  I am referring to 12 x 400W panels

settings:

2=30A

27=54.1 V

29=42.0V

Thanks for the recommendation on the setting; Will try it out 

And definitely the issues I have described are the same as those on the conversation. I will follow the chat to see if there is a solution

Regards

Elangeni 

27-  you should have somewhere between 50.3-52V - for me personally 52V works well.
29 - is also a bit on the low side, personally i keep mine at 47.5V, you should have this closer to what you make setting 12, make it slightly lower, so for example if you went with setting 12 as 48V then ,make it 47.5, if you went with say 46 then make it 45.5V

the typical recommendation is 

2 - 30A (20A/25A for the us2000)
12 - 48
13 - 51
26 - 53.2
27 - 50.3 - 52
29 - 47.5

i have seen it as quite common for people to lower 12, 13 and 29 to run the batteries deeper, personally i would start closer to the suggest and lower it as you experiment. Just note that you will get an error 04 (battery low) when you get within 2V of setting 12 - for me personally i live with it because i run SUB so only run on battery when utility is down and i would rather save the battery a bit, though if i needed to I would let it run deeper but i would play with it to see what works within reason.

some guys will also push 27 up to the bulk charge value (i.e 53.2)

Edited by Dex_