Inverter vs Panels

zig

Yes it will still work but... 97 x 330 = 32.010 Wp (mind the p). So this is the peak power you will almost never reach. So I would advice you to take 2 x 15k or when it is cheaper, 1 40k Solis. Keep in mind that these grid-tie inverters have the best efficiency when on their max.

Perhaps a silly question. Will you be exporting and then importing power to/from the grid? Otherwise, will your time of maximum power generation co-incide with the times when you mostly require power? Just imagining worst case having to bake fresh breakfast rolls before dawn with zero assist of solar panels, and no trading of power.

Also be aware that 72 cell panels are generally standardizes (roughly) in size at 2m x 1m.

However, (and you will pay a bit more up front) these panels are available more powerful than 330Wp

Ordinarily, I go for the cheapest per watt, but if space is at a premium, these panels are up there for years, do your sums, maybe it's worth it.

18 hours ago, zig said:

I want to purchase a 50kw 3 phase grid tied inverter(attached) for my bakery however out of the required 50kw panels required my roof top can only take about 30kw(97 x 330w panels) worth of panels. How will this affect the output performance of my inverter? Will it still work?

Is this the north facing portion of the roof? You don't have to have them facing north only. I have two arrays of panels - one facing north, another east. So if you have some east or west facing roof you have options for more panels.

20 hours ago, GreenFields said:

Perhaps a silly question. Will you be exporting and then importing power to/from the grid? Otherwise, will your time of maximum power generation co-incide with the times when you mostly require power? Just imagining worst case having to bake fresh breakfast rolls before dawn with zero assist of solar panels, and no trading of power.

Yes i will be importing and exporting and the time of maximum power generation will coincide with the time when i require power,,as majority of our baking is done during the day. 

18 hours ago, Bobster said:

Is this the north facing portion of the roof? You don't have to have them facing north only. I have two arrays of panels - one facing north, another east. So if you have some east or west facing roof you have options for more panels.

This is north facing,,Thanks for this advice will consider East side