Mecer King Error H5 61?

Mel

14 hours ago, Mel said:

Upon installation a error code H5 61 with continous beep

The "H5" is actually "HS", trying to tell you that this is a MAster in a paralleled configuration. Since you have only one inverter, you need to change setting 28 (AC output mode) to SIG (SInGle machine, not paralleled). See my Frequently Asked Questions, numbers 3 and 4. The procedure for a Mecer King will be slightly different, as you have a power button rather than a rocker switch, but I believe that the steps are basically the same.

I can't quickly find what fault code 61 is about; there are plenty of undocumented error codes. If it persists after fixing the output mode, please report back.

[ Edit: It's related to PylonTech communications, as shown in this post. Do you have a proper PylonTech cable from the inverter to the battery? There are two different pinouts given for this cable, so it's all very confusing. It might be better to start with to change setting 05 (Battery Type) from PYL to USE, though you then have to change settings 26, 27, and 29 and possibly 12 and 13 as well. There was a post today with the recommended PylonTech settings. ]

Edited by Coulomb

2 hours ago, Coulomb said:

The "H5" is actually "HS", trying to tell you that this is a MAster in a paralleled configuration. Since you have only one inverter, you need to change setting 28 (AC output mode) to SIG (SInGle machine, not paralleled). See my Frequently Asked Questions, numbers 3 and 4. The procedure for a Mecer King will be slightly different, as you have a power button rather than a rocker switch, but I believe that the steps are basically the same.

When a single inverter is set in parallel mode you will have some other problems as well. 
There was another post I am struggling to link now where the inverter in Parallel mode did not charge the batteries using the grid. After that setting was resolved the system is running fine.

It is a pity that the incorrect communication cables are supplied with the batteries. Because you have a new inverter, it should be able to connect with the pylontech batteries directly (hence error 61) when you have the correct cable and you batteries are setup correctly. When this works the system will manage itself.

Edited by Wilfred

• 1 month later...

I have an installation that I did with 5kva Mecer and 12x200ah gel batteries.It has never worked to full capacity and has been giving all kinds of errors.Recently it just stopped charging from the solar system when the invertor is drawing a load.What might be the cause? 

• 1 year later...
On 2019/12/08 at 4:17 PM, Coulomb said:

I can't quickly find what fault code 61 is about; there are plenty of undocumented error codes. If it persists after fixing the output mode, please report back.

[ Edit: It's related to PylonTech communications, as shown in this post. Do you have a proper PylonTech cable from the inverter to the battery? There are two different pinouts given for this cable, so it's all very confusing. It might be better to start with to change setting 05 (Battery Type) from PYL to USE, though you then have to change settings 26, 27, and 29 and possibly 12 and 13 as well. There was a post today with the recommended PylonTech settings. ]

I have an Axpert (Mecer) 5000 W, with two batteries working perfectly for many months now.

Suddenly this morning the alarm sounded and it flashed code 61.

I switched everything off, checked the cable between the inverter and the master battery but everything looked fine.

When I restart, it doesn't take long before the same warning comes up again.

Any suggestions?

5 hours ago, Goedman said:

When I restart, it doesn't take long before the same warning comes up again.

That's expected. The removable display firmware allows for 1-2 minutes (I don't have the exact figure handy) for the battery's BMS to start talking to the display. So after starting, you'll never get warning 61 until those 1-2 minutes are up.

This means that your battery's BMS has stopped communicating with the display. The display is warning you, because now if there is a problem with say one cell, the BMS can no longer protect that cell by inverter actions (less charging or load current). It might still be able to still protect the cell, by more drastic means (disconnecting the battery completely). But the fact that it is no longer communicating with the display might mean that the BMS firmware has crashed. If so, it might allow damage to occur.

It seems to me that your first action should be to restart the battery. I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure it's well known, and probably has been discussed on this forum. It should be in a manual.

It could be a problem with the BMS to inverter cable, or something internal to the display box. But these seem less likely, unless the cable got chewed by rats, got wet, there is corrosion from nearby salt water, etc. You've already said that the cable looks fine. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I had the mecer inverter Sol-i-ax-5kp installed in January 2021.. we haven't had nearly as many power outages as most other areas but today it happened .. I let the inverter do its work for about 3 hours and then decided to put my generator on to charge the inverter batteries.. the generator ran for about 4 hours and when I switched it off back to the inverter it wasn't long before the inverters alarm went off and switched the inverter off.. so I switched the generator back on but then the inverter kept going on and off ie lights on then dipping and when I looked at the inverter the fault light was flashing..and showing the error code H5.  Please can someone advise me.. I'm a widow .. with my elderly father very little resources and I have no idea why this is happening and the installer is no where to be found!

On 2023/01/26 at 11:19 AM, Debbie Goss-Ross said:

and showing the error code H5

Again, that's actually HS, and should not be showing unless you have two or more inverters paralleled. It just means it's the master. You should at some point get someone to turn setting 28 (output type) to SnG (single). It has to be changed with the power switch off, which is a little tricky. Details here.

If there is a real fault code or warning, it will alternate with the HS. So we need to know what that fault or warning code is.