Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
viceroy

My second stab at this.

Hi there.

I love your progress. 

I did not have the luxury like you to place my inverter close to my DB. my inverter is 20m away from my main db.

I run 10mm2 cable to the inverter and back through trunking because i cant get into the roof.

I used the diagram below to wire my system. I fitted a change over switch in the middle of my db splitting the non essential side with the essential side. 

It has been running since December 2018. the batteries in my system were 5 years old when i started using them and they still provide me with 4 hours of backup if we keep the load below 500w. 

I have just upgraded to 9 solar panels(inverter can only do 3kva) will upgrade as i go along.

Where did you have your labels made for your boards that looks very good? 

wiring.jpg.3fb6f08624acc752f9b7efbbfa455177.jpg

9 hours ago, Krokkedil said:

I love your progress. 

I did not have the luxury like you to place my inverter close to my DB. my inverter is 20m away from my main db.

It has been running since December 2018. the batteries in my system were 5 years old when i started using them and they still provide me with 4 hours of backup if we keep the load below 500w. 

Where did you have your labels made for your boards that looks very good? 

Thanks very much.

I didn't use to have the luxury of putting everything right by the DB board, only about 5m, but the wires were already there so that's what I used. Only now that I've gone from 500kg of AGM batteries to 60kg of LiFePO4 can I make it all fit in that corner.

That's great you are getting such good use out of the batteries. Sadly, where mine were before was in the garage, where temps are pretty much always above 40C...a real battery killer, so I'm happy to have gotten 4 years out of them.

The labels are just printed on my laser printer and scotch taped to the inverter. It's kinda temporary. Will be getting some decent adhesive vinyl labels made up soon. A lady near where I live, has all the materials and printers to do it nicely. She already made my warning labels...