SolarMon Software Now Live

edmundp

Hi All,

I would like to formally announce the launch of the SolarMon software.

The software changed in accordance with user requests the past few months - a personal thank you to one and all that contributed and tested.

The software has the following features:

• Serial Connection to single Inverter
  • USB Connection to single Inverter
  • Data recorded every 5 seconds
  • Supports both the Victron BMV-700 and BMW-702 Battery Monitors
  • Resizes the app automatically for screen sizes 1024x600 and up
  • Dynamic Graphing & History Graphing
  • Data Export
  • In-app data viewing
  • Switch to Grid or Solar based on Battery Capacity and/or;
  • Switch to Grid or Solar based on 7 day Time Schedule
  • Daily Production & Usage Data
  • Automatic uploads to PVOutput.org with extended values such as Battery State of Charge, MidPoint Percentage, etc.
  • Custom Image display to personalize the application
  • All of the above is included in one standard version
  • Demo version available with very limited features to try out.

The software requires the .Net Framework 4.5.2 and MS SQL Express to run.

Please visit our webpage at www.solarmonitor.co.za for more information or contact us on [email protected]

We will be running a launch special of R 500.00 for local forum members as well for SolarMon!

We take user feedback very seriously.

Please see our dedicated SolarMon Thread in the Commercial section.

Kind Regards,

Ed

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2016 at 9:37 AM, edmundp said:

Hi All,

I would like to formally announce the launch of the SolarMon software.

The software changed in accordance with user requests the past few months - a personal thank you to one and all that contributed and tested.

The software has the following features:

• Serial Connection to single Inverter
  • USB Connection to single Inverter
  • Data recorded every 5 seconds
  • Supports both the Victron BMV-700 and BMW-702 Battery Monitors
  • Resizes the app automatically for screen sizes 1024x600 and up
  • Dynamic Graphing & History Graphing
  • Data Export
  • In-app data viewing
  • Switch to Grid or Solar based on Battery Capacity and/or;
  • Switch to Grid or Solar based on 7 day Time Schedule
  • Daily Production & Usage Data
  • Automatic uploads to PVOutput.org with extended values such as Battery State of Charge, MidPoint Percentage, etc.
  • Custom Image display to personalize the application
  • All of the above is included in one standard version
  • Demo version available with very limited features to try out.

The software requires the .Net Framework 4.5.2 and MS SQL Express to run.

Please visit our webpage at www.solarmonitor.co.za for more information or contact us on [email protected]

We will be running a launch special of R 500.00 for local forum members as well for SolarMon!

We take user feedback very seriously.

Please see our dedicated SolarMon Thread in the Commercial section.

Kind Regards,

Ed

Is solarmon still under development? I tried to purchase a license but got a PayPal error. 

Is solarmon still under development? I tried to purchase a license but got a PayPal error. 

Hi there. We are currently experiencing issues with Paypal.

Please contact us on [email protected] for local payment arrangements.

The current price to forum members is a flat R500.00.

Thank you for the interest.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Alex, this is NOT aimed at you, it is meant in general, ok?

On 2/2/2016 at 4:44 PM, Alex said:

Nice I see aicc.org.za announced it's is now open source, this is the way to go in my opinion, open source collaboration is always the best.

Guys, why did people moan when AICC was asking for R1500?

Why is there no 'open collaboration' between battery, panel and inverter manufacturers to make the free? ;)

We spend tens of thousands of rands on solar panels, batteries and inverters yet we want free solar software? :D

I like free software as much as the next person but open source collaboration needs more people to help make it free. But in the beginning, unless that is THEIR ultimate goal, i.e. free software for the masses, to expect one person to spend weeks and months to do it all just to dish it out for free to a few people at best (read not millions), is a very tough position to be in. 

I support SolarMon 100% for charging, really, R500 (!) is like 2 cases of beer, to automate Voltronic systems that Voltronics was supposed do in the 1st place. :D

Just now, The Terrible Triplett said:

Alex, this is NOT aimed at you, it is meant in general, ok?

Guys, why did people moan when AICC was asking for R1500?

Why is there no 'open collaboration' between battery, panel and inverter manufacturers to make the free? ;)

We spend tens of thousands of rands on solar panels, batteries and inverters yet we want free solar software? :D

I like free software as much as the next person but open source collaboration needs more people to help make it free. But in the beginning, unless that is THEIR ultimate goal, i.e. free software for the masses, to expect one person to spend weeks and months to do it all just to dish it out for free to a few people at best (read not millions), is a very tough position to be in. 

I support SolarMon 100% for charging, really, R500 (!) is like 2 cases of beer, to automate Voltronic systems that Voltronics was supposed do in the 1st place. :D

the biggest problem I have with this is that every piece of software available, free or not, has some limitations to some degree. Then another piece of software gets written cause "person X" needs a different feature which isn't supported on other applications. 

A "true" open source approach, IMO would have been best but as you said, no one wants to work for free - and I get that, but that's why applications are limited to how the developers develop their apps. 

I suspect in the near future there will be a bunch of applications which can manage these inverters, each one with their own set of features and limits. 

SilverNodashi said:
I would like to run a Raspberry Pi but since there's no rPi software for the Axpert yet, this will have to wait. 

The Rpi project here on PowerForum is intended to be a open source collaboration, for the forums benefit.

Plonkster, myself and SolarMon are keen supporters of it, so it will take care of Victron (Plonkster), Morningstar (me) AND Voltronics (SolarMon) in the end.

So jump in and help to keep it open source collaboration, therefor free, that we built collectively to read all devices:D

For I am pretty sure that when Rpi works to read more devices data, cost effectively and at a low watt cost (running off your batts 24/7 - with 48-12v converter), anyone can use it to craft exactly what they need for their own system.

Or wait for Edmund to include the Rpi as part of his offering, for the Pi reader software will be free, but the Pi not and SolarMon not. :lol:

21 hours ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

The Rpi project here on PowerForum is intended to be a open source collaboration, for the forums benefit.

Plonkster, myself and SolarMon are keen supporters of it, so it will take care of Victron (Plonkster), Morningstar (me) AND Voltronics (SolarMon) in the end.

So jump in and help to keep it open source collaboration, therefor free, that we built collectively to read all devices:D

For I am pretty sure that when Rpi works to read more devices data, cost effectively and at a low watt cost (running off your batts 24/7 - with 48-12v converter), anyone can use it to craft exactly what they need for their own system.

Or wait for Edmund to include the Rpi as part of his offering, for the Pi reader software will be free, but the Pi not and SolarMon not. :lol:

Where can i download it?

20 minutes ago, SilverNodashi said:

Where can i download it?

Plonkster can advise when he is ready.

Note: Today it is only for Victron inverters and MPPT controllers. 

To follow shortly is Morningstar controllers and as many Voltronic devices as can be added.