Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Erastus

Saam Staan (Group Buy)

Hope this is not out of order.  If so you are welcome to delete. 

People has asked me if it is possible to do collective buying.  For me it is 100% fine. Currently I am importing  400W panels again.  The going rate for these panels.

The current cost of these panels are R1450 per panel delivered to SA Cape Town.  I can ship it to Harties and from there redistribute.  On top of the R1450 there will be VAT  R1667.50 and maybe some unpacking fee's.  I am importing at least 200 and I am sure the more we buy the better priced it will be.  Although the drops will be small.

If you are interested you are welcome to contact me.

For me its about doing the people stealing from us. 

Jaco,

I will get you all the information. 

There are not that many cell manufacturers
As I do regular imports that is not a problem.  I never had a solar panel gone faulty except it been damaged.  Did you have any?

2 hours ago, Erastus said:

I never had a solar panel gone faulty except it been damaged.  Did you have any?

Of course you wouldn't have had any problems now, but warranties usually cover a guaranteed output power for 20-25 years, if at year 19 it suddenly produces power below its guaranteed output, who does one go to for a RMA?

39 minutes ago, PJJ said:

Of course you wouldn't have had any problems now, but warranties usually cover a guaranteed output power for 20-25 years, if at year 19 it suddenly produces power below its guaranteed output, who does one go to for a RMA?

I am guessing that even if that does happen with any well-known brand, claiming would be a real pain, and the pay-out would be proportional to the years left on the warranty (in this case 1/20 or 1/25 of the replacement cost).

Similar to mattress warranties. (Who even wants to use the same mattress for 20 years?)

7 hours ago, P1000 said:

I am guessing that even if that does happen with any well-known brand, claiming would be a real pain, and the pay-out would be proportional to the years left on the warranty (in this case 1/20 or 1/25 of the replacement cost).

Similar to mattress warranties. (Who even wants to use the same mattress for 20 years?)

I honestly don't know, one of us should perhaps go and take a peak at a solar panel warranty policy.

I like your theory of the proportional payout to year remaining, what would also be interesting is, would the payout be based on the amount the panel cost on the day of purchase or the present replacement value?

Hi Erastus,

When next will you have PV panels available?

I live on a farm near Harties and am looking to buy 16 x 400W PV panels.

ohaighttwoninertwosixohfiveaightfive.