It's On

It's On

Good morning All, I have had 2 Mecer mks2 inverters installed in parallel, the one I am told is the master, when we have load shedding this one goes into fault mode I turn it off and once load shedding is over I turn it on and it seems to work fine again. Both machines beep for around 10minutes at a time when the sun sets and rises, the installer tells me this is preprogrammed and is fine. Has anyone else experienced this with these Inverters? 

Just now, It's On said:

Good morning All, I have had 2 Mecer mks2 inverters installed in parallel, the one I am told is the master, when we have load shedding this one goes into fault mode I turn it off and once load shedding is over I turn it on and it seems to work fine again. Both machines beep for around 10minutes at a time when the sun sets and rises, the installer tells me this is preprogrammed and is fine. Has anyone else experienced this with these Inverters? 

1 hour ago, It's On said:

Both machines beep for around 10minutes at a time when the sun sets and rises, the installer tells me this is preprogrammed and is fine.

Translation: "Go away customer, I have your money already." There has to be something screwy with the installation or the settings. If you could paste the settings here, we could attempt to figure it out.

But first: beeping usually indicates a warning or fault. Please tell us what the LC Display is showing when this happens, particularly the middle digits, and whether the word "ERROR" appears (white on black) to the right of these two digits, or the warning symbol appears to the right. Also, the beep pattern would help: is it continuous, or 3 blips every second, or twice every 3 seconds, etc. This is all in the manual (the PIP-5048MG is the same unit with a different name, and it's less hassle to download the manuals).

Thank you, the first time the fault code was 08, everything was then turned off waited until after load shedding turned it on again and it worked. The beeping is a constant noise without intervals for 10minutes at a time. 

15813328528727492156662565568505.jpg

Screenshot_20200210_132448_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20200210_132436_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by It's On

I presume that the two photos are of your two machines when neither is beeping. You have a master (HS) but no slave. So they are not working together.

Do you have light grey cables that look like old VGA or EGA graphics cables between machines? Also twisted red and black cables?

I'm amazed that the machines don't complain about this setup. Little wonder that they complain once the grid goes off.

You need to change setting 28 on the on-slave to PAL (parallel); it should show SL. But don't do this if you don't know what you are doing; the likelihood of blowing something up is high.

So get your installer to fix it, if he won't or doesn't seem to know what he's doing, get in someone who does. Meantime, I would operate on only one machine. Switch one of them off with the rocker switch, it should still operate as a solar charger during the day (assuming that you have panels).

Edited by Coulomb

2 minutes ago, It's On said:

Of the 2.units, installer claims the one on the right is the master as indicated H5, however the lcd display does not show it to be connected to the mains is that correct. 

Thank you please see Pics of the cables, which one should I turn off? 

Screenshot_20200210_161957_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20200210_161944_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

I do have panels 11x 270watt and 10x270w connected to each inverter. Voc of PV panels is 38.3 each. 

On 2020/02/11 at 12:24 AM, It's On said:

Of the 2.units, installer claims the one on the right is the master as indicated H5, however the lcd display does not show it to be connected to the mains is that correct. 

Ah. It's registering the presence of  AC-in (the sine wave in a circle icon), but it's in battery mode. The other machine is in line mode. The two machines are not coordinating as they should. They definitely need to be coordinating when their outputs are paralleled.

Thank you please see Pics of the cables

You have parallel cables; that's good. Phew. I note that AC and DC are mixed in the same conduit; that's not good.

which one should I turn off? 

It doesn't matter. The machine switched off won't use its inverter, so they should never both be trying to power the loads together. You can't have that if they're not coordinating.

If you're ready to try making the non-master a real slave, see my FAQ question 3. Note that it's supposed to be random which machine becomes the master and which the slave, though 99% of the time one of them always seems to win. Just be aware that the one that's master at present might end up being the slave; there is nothing wrong with that. [ Edit: except that maybe the settings for the present non-master were never set up, and you might end up with inappropriate settings. If so, that can be dealt with later. ]

Edited by Coulomb

1 hour ago, Coulomb said:

Ah. It's registering the presence of  AC-in (the sine wave in a circle icon), but it's in battery mode. The other machine is in line mode. The two machines are not coordinating as they should. They definitely need to be coordinating when their outputs are paralleled.

You have parallel cables; that's good. Phew. I note that AC and DC are mixed in the same conduit; that's not good.

It doesn't matter. The machine switched off won't use its inverter, so they should never both be trying to power the loads together. You can't have that if they're not coordinating.

If you're ready to try making the non-master a real slave, see my FAQ question 3. Note that it's supposed to be random which machine becomes the master and which the slave, though 99% of the time one of them always seems to win. Just be aware that the one that's master at present might end up being the slave; there is nothing wrong with that. [ Edit: except that maybe the settings for the present non-master were never set up, and you might end up with inappropriate settings. If so, that can be dealt with later. ]

Thank you for your comments, I have discussed and agreed with the Installer who now confirms and agrees he never did program the 2 Inverters, he will do so on Thursday at 09H00.

I will keep you posted, thank you. 

I have turned off 1 in the meantime.