Axpert mksll 5kvs setup issue

Gweedo

Question

Good day.

I might have missed this on the forum but possibly im the only strange one that wants this setting!

I have a mercer Axpert mksll 5kva inverter with 16 x 270w panels and 8 x 180ah batteries and a Raspberry pi and centurionsolar software.

All i want to do automatically is have my system run off solar panels during the day and utility at night with the batteries as back up.

I have to manually every morning change setting 1 on the inverter to SOL from UTI and then everything runs fine the whole day and only uses 

solar , then around 17h00 i need to manually change it back to utility otherwise it uses battery unitl sunset.

im told i need to buy a battery monitor and usb cable then the software can do this which is another R3500.

anyone have this setup that can help please.

Much appreciate any help

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Gweedo said:

Good day.

I might have missed this on the forum but possibly im the only strange one that wants this setting!

I have a mercer Axpert mksll 5kva inverter with 16 x 270w panels and 8 x 180ah batteries and a Raspberry pi and centurionsolar software.

All i want to do automatically is have my system run off solar panels during the day and utility at night with the batteries as back up.

I have to manually every morning change setting 1 on the inverter to SOL from UTI and then everything runs fine the whole day and only uses 

solar , then around 17h00 i need to manually change it back to utility otherwise it uses battery unitl sunset.

im told i need to buy a battery monitor and usb cable then the software can do this which is another R3500.

anyone have this setup that can help please.

Much appreciate any help

I want to be able to program my system so that it uses Solar (PV Power) first, grid second and batteries as a last resort which I think is what you require. In other words you use solar when it is available and draw from grid (or battery when grid is not available) when solar is insufficient to supply load. I have the Mecer brand of Axpert which does not support this option but  I understand that there are other brands of the Axpert range that have this as an option in the firmware. 

7 minutes ago, shumbaman said:

I want to be able to program my system so that it uses Solar (PV Power) first, grid second and batteries as a last resort which I think is what you require. In other words you use solar when it is available and draw from grid (or battery when grid is not available) when solar is insufficient to supply load. I have the Mecer brand of Axpert which does not support this option but  I understand that there are other brands of the Axpert range that have this as an option in the firmware. 

image.thumb.png.bc1d6e6ecf3c6ed9b56f4d73eb98a023.png

Setting 1 s/be set to SBU as there will always be a short period of time in the morning and evening when it will draw from the batteries.

I think your answer is lying in setting 29, which is basically "Back to grid". Try increasing the voltage in increments until it works for you.

What is your current setting for 29?

HI Shumbaman.

thank you for your help, i dont however have those additional oftions on my Axpert mks2 %va and Mustek said i had the latest software

Any suggestions

I have the same problem...i am thinking of replacing my Mecer with Phocos. Not only can you set the SUB option but you can program it for different time of the day.

image.png.30e608e5198beb263711fd485fe4265e.png

Edited by shumbaman