6 x Renewsys Deserv 260W

1) By changing settings in WatchPower does it override the Axpret

Is there any benefit to use WatchPower

2) Every now and again the Axpert starts switching and the lights flicker

It is as if it cannot decide what setting to use

What can cause this to happen?

4 hours ago, JohanG said:

1) By changing settings in WatchPower does it override the Axpret

It achieves the same effect as pushing buttons on the front of the inverter-charger.

Is there any benefit to use WatchPower

I don't use it myself, but it seems easier to use a PC or Mac to change settings or read values rather than going out to the machine and pressing buttons or reading a small screen.

2) Every now and again the Axpert starts switching and the lights flicker

Do you mean it switches from battery to or from line (bypass) mode? This may cause lights to flicker.

What can cause this to happen?

Assuming that your question is about battery/line mode switching, the battery voltage could be low; check the back to grid and back to battery settings. Or you are in SOL output source priority mode, and it is dawn or dusk. Or you're running in line mode and there is a load shed.

The switching happened again

It seems as if it cannot switch to the grid although it draws 100 watts (it draws 100w all the time )

It happened again

Inverter tried to switch to grid and not managing 

Switched inverter load to gri manually  (no load on inverter) then the inverter switced to grid

Any idea ??

On 2020/03/03 at 5:03 AM, Coulomb said:

Sorry, none.

Problem still persisting even with BlueNova SoC > 60%

Could it help to update the firmware

If so how is it done

I will need something like lesson 101 on firmware to get going

3 hours ago, JohanG said:

Could it help to update the firmware

I've not come across this problem, but I'm more inclined to believe that it's a hardware issue. Perhaps with some sensor on the load (a current transformer) or inverter output (a LEM type hall effect sensor).

3 hours ago, JohanG said:

If so how is it done

I assume you mean the firmware in your Axpert MKS Plus 3kVA 2400W 24V inverter.

First, you need a software update file. It's usually a .rar or .zip with all the files you need; these run under Windows only (or a virtual machine running Windows).

If you're lucky and you have a popular machine for which a more recent firmware update file is available, then you just find it, download it, and follow the firmware update instructions. Few if any 24 V models have their firmware update files available for download, so then you have to ask your supplier for one. Your supplier will insist on proof that you bought from them, so you may as well provide a photo of the sticker on the side of your machine, and they will use this to confirm the exact model, and that this machine really was sold by them. They ask the designer (Voltronic Power in Taiwan), who might or might not grant the request.

Thanks again Coulomb

The problem I have  is that you are sold a product but then you are on your own

So please tell me what you meant by

Perhaps with some sensor on the load (a current transformer) or inverter output (a LEM type hall effect sensor).

and how could I check for this

..... lesson 101 part 2 !!!😧

5 hours ago, JohanG said:

So please tell me what you meant by

"Perhaps with some sensor on the load (a current transformer) or inverter output (a LEM type hall effect sensor)."

I don't know what's in the 24 V machines, but in the 5 kVA machines, they look like the below. I just found out that LEM is actually the company name, it stands for "Life, Energy, Motion". They're a major manufacturer of hall effect sensors, and most of them have the distinctive sky blue colour. There will be op-amps associated with the sensors; these may or may not be on the processor daughter board (on smaller models, this might not be a plug-in board, or it might even be integrated onto the main board). The current transformer will have a burden resistor associated with it; it will be a low value (tens of ohms) moderately high power resistor (large for a surface mount part), and I know of at least one machine that was fixed by replacing that resistor.

Your problem might also be the relays that do the switching from AC-in to inverter out; there are two of these (black, SHORI brand) in the lower right corner of the photo.

Current sensors.jpg

Thanks again but this is far above my "pay  grade"

Watching to see what happens if  inverter is not tied to grid

My first installation was 12V so when I saw 24V on offer I thought it was fine but......

That was a mistake; now I am tied to  a 24V battery and have to grin and bear 

School of life!

On 2020/03/04 at 12:28 PM, Coulomb said:

I've not come across this problem, but I'm more inclined to believe that it's a hardware issue. Perhaps with some sensor on the load (a current transformer) or inverter output (a LEM type hall effect sensor).

I assume you mean the firmware in your Axpert MKS Plus 3kVA 2400W 24V inverter.

First, you need a software update file. It's usually a .rar or .zip with all the files you need; these run under Windows only (or a virtual machine running Windows).

If you're lucky and you have a popular machine for which a more recent firmware update file is available, then you just find it, download it, and follow the firmware update instructions. Few if any 24 V models have their firmware update files available for download, so then you have to ask your supplier for one. Your supplier will insist on proof that you bought from them, so you may as well provide a photo of the sticker on the side of your machine, and they will use this to confirm the exact model, and that this machine really was sold by them. They ask the designer (Voltronic Power in Taiwan), who might or might not grant the request.

After some assistance from my son it seems my problem is a relay that tries to kick in but does not stay ... keeps on switching (clicking sound)

If it is a relay where do I go in south africa to have it fixed;  I have had the inverter for 15 months installed for 6 months