Soltaro

Growatt 5kw 48V Hybrid Inverter Charger with 4.8kwh Lithium Ion Storage

I have a  few 5kw 48V 4.8Kwh kits available 

Growatt SPF5000TL Hybrid Inverter with wifi monitoring and parallel kits

Shoto 4.8kwh Lithium Ion Battery Storage 

R39500 EX VAT 

Works brilliantly 

As a side note. Why does everyone on this industry quote prices ex-VAT

There has been court cases. Advertising Regulatory Board rulings and SARS directives that this is not acceptable. 

But like the building industry it just gets ignored

Section 65 of the VAT Act requires that all prices advertised or quoted in respect of a taxable supply of goods or services must include VAT, or alternatively, that the advertisement or quotation must reflect the VAT cost, the VAT exclusive price and the VAT inclusive price. Section 65 goes on to require that where an advertisement reflects the VAT inclusive and VAT exclusive price, both prices must be displayed with equal prominence and impact.

Rant and Bugbear over

On 2020/03/02 at 2:42 PM, Fazil said:

price for Shoto only?
PS: Does the Growatt and Shoto require a comms cable?

I am keen to know as well. I have a 2x4.8kwh shoto with 2xgrowatt 5kva system and noticed that the inverter does not read the battery voltage too well. Will the comms cable make a difference ?

On 2020/03/03 at 7:12 AM, daniemare said:

As a side note. Why does everyone on this industry quote prices ex-VAT

There has been court cases. Advertising Regulatory Board rulings and SARS directives that this is not acceptable. 

But like the building industry it just gets ignored

Section 65 of the VAT Act requires that all prices advertised or quoted in respect of a taxable supply of goods or services must include VAT, or alternatively, that the advertisement or quotation must reflect the VAT cost, the VAT exclusive price and the VAT inclusive price. Section 65 goes on to require that where an advertisement reflects the VAT inclusive and VAT exclusive price, both prices must be displayed with equal prominence and impact.

Rant and Bugbear over

I agree 100% irritates the living cr??? out of me when people knowingly falsely advertise lower prices to make it seem like a good deal

Sorry admins,

Shoto 4.8kwh R27500

This is the latest M14 version

Growatt SPF5000TL R14500 

Victron Multiplus ii 3000/48 R18500

Victron Multiplus ii 5000/48

R27500

These are inclusive prices, delivery included to major centres

On 2020/03/03 at 9:28 PM, Anish said:

I am keen to know as well. I have a 2x4.8kwh shoto with 2xgrowatt 5kva system and noticed that the inverter does not read the battery voltage too well. Will the comms cable make a difference ?

They havent yet finished the integration, we started with it and the Corona virus hit and put everything in slow mode.

Comms cable won't help until the firmware is sorted out.

Apparently it will take a few weeks to get sorted out

Hi, Has anyone got the shoto SDA10-48100 M14 and growatt SPF5000 working well together as yet? Whats needed??

19 hours ago, Jim said:

Hi, Has anyone got the shoto SDA10-48100 M14 and growatt SPF5000 working well together as yet? Whats needed??

I have done plenty of these.

The inverter needs a few parameters changed, but the Growatt is quite finicky especially with feedback.

PM me your issues and I will try assist 

I messaged you with some details. The growatt guys (support center)  say that I should just use lead the lead acid settings on the growatt for Shoto storage, it works but i know the storage records are not optimal like this ….and the rest of the growatt inverter logic and performance measurements are to a degree dependent on these storage stats/records.

Hey guys, does anyone know if the Growatt firmware has been developed yet? I mean for the Shotto battery management and comms? (I have growatt spf5000 with shotto SDA10-48100 M14.)