Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Andries

Wanted: Pylontech Cable

Good day Gents,

I am looking for pylontech USB cable for RPI for ICC software, I have spoke to manie,seems its still out of stock,I have also send an email to Riaan from diversified but not yet any response.

Is there someone that maybe got one spare laying around? pretty please🙄

You can make yours. I did same. the schematic diagram have been posted on this forum

will look for it and place here if I have the chance

1 minute ago, hancock said:

You can make yours. I did same. the schematic diagram have been posted on this forum

will look for it and place here if I have the chance

I am in IT so it cannot be so difficult,thanx it will be great!!!

Posted (edited)

Ok 

see the attached image. I remember purchasing this cable from aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32888242837.html

I instructed the seller to crimp the cable as per the attached file. he was kind enough to do so

you can also get this usb to rs232 serial converter and you are good to go

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/405959038.html?spm=a2g0s.imconversation.0.0.160a3e5fY7h4I8

spacer.png

Kabel_Console_RS232.png

Edited by hancock

4 hours ago, hancock said:

Ok 

see the attached image. I remember purchasing this cable from aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32888242837.html

I instructed the seller to crimp the cable as per the attached file. he was kind enough to do so

you can also get this usb to rs232 serial converter and you are good to go

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/405959038.html?spm=a2g0s.imconversation.0.0.160a3e5fY7h4I8

spacer.png

Kabel_Console_RS232.png

Many Thanx,I found the correct usb cable,I just need to figured/find the correct diagram for console reading then I can crimp the RJ11 connector

954-02.jpg

16 hours ago, Andries said:

Many Thanx,I found the correct usb cable,I just need to figured/find the correct diagram for console reading then I can crimp the RJ11 connector

image.png.80ed71931095211802b9f073a218566e.png

@Andries

the cable from your picture will not work with Pylontech batteries for sure. It's USB-to-Serial TTL converter, which operates at +5V level.

You need a real USB-to-Serial RS232 converter, operating at full RS232 levels as the RJ-11 port on the Pylontech is technically RS232, not TTL.

@hancock

What type of USB-to-serial converter you've used with the ICC and Pylontechs, please?

• FTDI ft232r
  • Silicon Labs cp2102
  • Prolific PL2303
  • Any other type?

Pylontechs don't care about the type, but I'm not sure whether ICC on Raspberry is able to work will all the types above, or you have to pick a specific one in order for ICC to discover it.

Thanks for the info!

Youda

36 minutes ago, Youda said:

@Andries

the cable from your picture will not work with Pylontech batteries for sure. It's USB-to-Serial TTL converter, which operates at +5V level.

You need a real USB-to-Serial RS232 converter, operating at full RS232 levels as the RJ-11 port on the Pylontech is technically RS232, not TTL.

@hancock

What type of USB-to-serial converter you've used with the ICC and Pylontechs, please?

• FTDI ft232r
  • Silicon Labs cp2102
  • Prolific PL2303
  • Any other type?

Pylontechs don't care about the type, but I'm not sure whether ICC on Raspberry is able to work will all the types above, or you have to pick a specific one in order for ICC to discover it.

Thanks for the info!

Youda

Hi @Youda

I am using this cable (see attached)

I am not sure of the specific type of profile it uses. but I connected it to the ICC pi together with the crimped cable I ordered and BOOM it worked just like that

Perhaps a quick google of the name TRENDNET TU-S9  as clearly written on it will reveal more on it

Regards

USB.jpg

On 2020/03/10 at 9:33 AM, Youda said:

The driver package reveals that this TU-S9 USB converter is using Prolific PL2303 chip:

image.png.06ec1ceddb04e2186de2b2f1a44653cf.png

So, if that works for you, I would recommend @Andries to pick a converter with a same chip for the start :)

Thanks @hancock !

@YoudaDamn!! I read that the usb cable that I ordered just need to crimp the RJ11 connector,well waisted R200 😫

I got a USB to RS232 converter and I got RS232 to RJ45 cable,so I can just cut of the RJ45 connector and crimp Rj11 and then connect the RS232 male and female together.

@hancock possible you can send a photo of the RJ11 side,just need to see how many wires is crimp on the RJ11 and what nr pin

sorry for all the hassle.

17 minutes ago, Andries said:

I got a USB to RS232 converter and I got RS232 to RJ45 cable,so I can just cut of the RJ45 connector and crimp Rj11 and then connect the RS232 male and female together.

@hancock possible you can send a photo of the RJ11 side,just need to see how many wires is crimp on the RJ11 and what nr pin

Check my LAB, there's a bigger version of the above RJ-11 pinout: https://powerforum.co.za/topic/2322-youdas-off-grid-lab/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-53641

You need just 3 wires: TX, RX, GND.

18 minutes ago, Youda said:

Check my LAB, there's a bigger version of the above RJ-11 pinout: https://powerforum.co.za/topic/2322-youdas-off-grid-lab/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-53641

You need just 3 wires: TX, RX, GND.

Thanx @Youda I have looked at your system...man that is good work,well done!!

I have the same blue cable that is on that picture,its standard Cisco Com cable to config Cisco Routers,got actually a few of them,going to try this.

20200311_113118.jpg