Inverex aerox 1.2kw

anwar mughal

15 hours ago, anwar mughal said:

I have aerox 1.2kw solar inverter my problum is that in display scc controller temp rises to 76 c ...

That's a handy feature to have in factory firmware. I had to download the manual to convince myself it's there. I wonder if Inverex have some control over the firmware in their inverters (which must be different to those of other Axperts, since they have slightly better output power ratings, among other changes). Though it's sad that they didn't turn on the degree symbol (lower right corner of the percent symbol), as we do in patched firmware (not available for models under 5 kVA, and not for Inverex specific firmware).

I assume you've checked for the tiny "M" symbol to the top right of the temperature reading, indicating that this is the SCC temperature (inverter temperature alternates with SCC temperature; while the inverter temperature is showing, the "M" (for Mppt?) is presumably off.

I'd try blowing out the dust from around the fans, and if possible inside the unit as well. Make sure that the fans are spinning, and spin freely by hand. If it's actually the inverter itself that is overheating, then the same applies, but also beware of loads approaching or slightly exceeding the rated output of 1.2 kW and 1.2 kVA.

Inverex temperature display.png

Edited by Coulomb
Added image

On 2020/03/11 at 4:59 PM, anwar mughal said:

Forum members

I have aerox 1.2kw solar inverter my problum is that in display scc controller temp rises to 76 c and solar power drops down and load shared by battery and after temp drops 68 c then solar input power rises kindly share experience to solve problum

On 2020/03/11 at 4:59 PM, anwar mughal said:

Forum members

I have aerox 1.2kw solar inverter my problum is that in display scc controller temp rises to 76 c and solar power drops down and load shared by battery and after temp drops 68 c then solar input power rises kindly share experience to solve problum

Dear Coulumb

Thanks for quick response

Sir as per you suggestios inverters fans are spinning properly cheked firmware also updated by service center qualified personals originol firmware versions are u1 9.24 and u2 3.22 and now updatea version is u1 9.25 and u2 is same 3.22

They changed both fans and sesoers

I visited 3 times on temrature rise issue

But problum not understand

Is this any hardware problum or firmware problum

When output load reaches only 200w then gragualy temp rises at 500w output load then solar input decreases at 360w and invreter load share by battery kindly share your experience Thanks

3 hours ago, anwar mughal said:

Is this any hardware problem or firmware problem

I couldn't say. As long as the fans are running flat out when the temperature reaches anything like 76°C, then it seems that the firmware is doing its job.

I'm assuming that the inverter isn't housed in a cupboard or other place where air flow is restricted, and that there isn't full sun on the inverter. Also that it's installed right-way-up against a wall, not flat on the ground.

My only suggestions are

• Perhaps the battery or PV cables or connections have high resistance, so the cables or connections are getting hot, and this is conducting into the inverter. Check the connection temperatures with a non-contact thermometer. Battery current at 1200 W output will well exceed 100 A, so the battery cables should be at least 25 mm².
  • You could try adding extra air flow, e.g. a computer fan or two either below the internal fans, or at the top end vents. Make sure that the external fans assist and don't counter the internal fans.
  • Perhaps there is a hardware fault such that the inverter has many times its normal losses. If so, you should find that PV power plus battery power exceeds output power by significantly more than the specified 7.5% (93% efficient at full load). Take into account that some 20-50 W will be consumed at idle. Such a hardware fault is very uncommon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...