Axpert MKS-4kVA and solar panel selection

I recently helped a friend to install his Axpert MKS-4kVA inverter, which is connected to 4x 200Ah batteries. The purpose was mainly to assist with load shedding, keep a few lights on.

He however now want to add a number of solar panels, and I mentioned that the Victron MPPT's really does not like over-voltage conditions. He was looking at getting 6x 380W Seraphim Blade solar panels, connecting 3 in series, with the second string in parallel. The open circuit voltage is 48.3 V, and 3 in series will give a 144.9 V Voc.

The booklet for the Inverter state:

Max PV Array Open Circuit Voltage to be 145 Vdc. I assume that the builtin MPPT may release magic smoke if the voltage is exceeded. Would it be better to connect the 6 panels with 3 strings with 2 panels in series ?

Could anyone recommend something better?

7 hours ago, MorneDJ said:

He was looking at getting 6x 380W Seraphim Blade solar panels, connecting 3 in series, with the second string in parallel. The open circuit voltage is 48.3 V, and 3 in series will give a 144.9 V Voc.

And that's at 25°C. In cooler weather, the voltage will be even higher. You will get less than 1% of rated power at 144.9 V.

I assume that the builtin MPPT may release magic smoke if the voltage is exceeded.

I've not heard of it happening, but it certainly could.

Would it be better to connect the 6 panels with 3 strings with 2 panels in series ?

With these panels, definitely.