Mecer LiFePO4 Lithium Ion Batteries: Any experience

32 minutes ago, nembudziya said:

Hey @WJP thanks for your helpful posts. This is quite encouraging.

If you don't mind sharing:

1. How long have you had them installed? 
  2. What's your average load in kW that's being powered by these batteries?
  3. What's been your target DoD?

It's always great to hear from someone that's put them through their paces.

I'm sure @Igubuand the others would love to hear as well (be prepared to do battery surgery as we request you to go under the hood 😂)

Hello, less than a week. However the performance of these Mecer LiFePo4s is night and day when compared to the Pb batteries (even when they were new). Not the average but the "base load" is around 200-400w continuously. Keep in mind my use case here is different. This inverter is purely for "emergencies", a power backup. It's not designed for off-grid, it's a load shedding solution. So the batteries will only be cycled when it rains, a conveyor belt snaps or some unhappy union strikes ;) To be honest it's very unlikely I'll open them. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took a chance and bought a 200Ah one. The Wh number on the comx site is wrong  when you do the math and you can see that someone edited a 180Ah manual to indicate 200Ah - which makes it seem ve

I've been running an old Cyberpower CPS3500PRO since 2014 (2450w, 24vdc). As you can imagine the original Pb batteries are now very tired. They can barely power the TV and a CFL bulb for 90min. I was

Haha thanks for your response. I hope they'll give you a super long service life. I'll use mine as a power backup until I can connect PV input.  @Tim003 I'm sure your earlier question has been pa

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, WJP said:

Hello, less than a week. However the performance of these Mecer LiFePo4s is night and day when compared to the Pb batteries (even when they were new). Not the average but the "base load" is around 200-400w continuously. Keep in mind my use case here is different. This inverter is purely for "emergencies", a power backup. It's not designed for off-grid, it's a load shedding solution. So the batteries will only be cycled when it rains, a conveyor belt snaps or some unhappy union strikes ;) To be honest it's very unlikely I'll open them. 

Haha thanks for your response. I hope they'll give you a super long service life. I'll use mine as a power backup until I can connect PV input.

@Tim003 I'm sure your earlier question has been partially answered