How to force Axpert out of bypass mode

gertc

2 hours ago, Newbie said:

I shall reset my timer to grid mode from 19:00 PM since you've enlightening me about the point made above.  :) 

Ok sorted.

What is the save volt I can set program 12 ?   Am currently running on  4x 12v 250ah AGM (BSB) battery bank.

Depends - those batteries are entry level solar batteries. Cycle them to 30-40% and they will probably last 2-3 years. Cycle them less and they will last 4-5 years (their design lifespan).

If you was your batteries as backup for load shedding 49V . This gives you a little headroom allowing you to cycle your batteries on partly cloudy days without reverting to grid.

If you want to cycle them deeper 48V or 47V if there is the risk of a kettle or some other large load causing a significant load for a short period of time.

Program 11 = 30A (default) , Program 16 =  050( only solar)

Program 11 one could set to 2A or 10A depending on whether you want to actively charge with the grid. Program 16 should probably be set CSO.

What is currently happening is that your batteries are drained and the inverter goes to grid because the battery voltage drops below 46V. It then goes to grid. If this happens late afternoon or early evening the inverter remains in grid mode until the solar charging lifts it to 54V and that takes a looong time.

If you are more worried about your batteries than running you system efficiently then I would set Program 11 to 10A maybe even 20A and the batteries will charge overnight and be fully charged in the morning. If you want to run your system more efficiently then you could set Program11 to 2A which is a trickle charge. Your batteries will not discharge further as there is about a 50W DC draw from the inverter at all times even when it is running off  Eskom. It means you will use solar power to charge your batteries (cheaper) and so you will have more "work" for the panels to do than just supply the load which is for the most part less than 1000W.

This decision is yours to make depending on how long you want your batteries to last and what sort of loads you have and what your PV capacity is.

• 2 years later...
On 2016/03/12 at 7:13 AM, gertc said:

Thanks all for the help.  I set my back to grid setting to the lowest possible (48v) and now it responds immediately.

Great discussion, thank you.

This was very useful for me with a Growcol inverter. Reduced the voltage setting (default is 54v (setting 13)) to around 52v (being cautious here) and it responds much more quickly.