average solar PV power expectation

Hi

thanks again for the great forum. a quick Q, and i'm a real novice. on average, at peak sunny conditions, how much KW can I expect from 12 340W monochristaline panels, lined in 3 paralel blocks of 4? I know its dependent on the weather and position of the panels, but just want an average to estimate.

4 hours ago, ebrahim said:

at peak sunny conditions, how much KW can I expect from 12 340W

Depending on the setup and hardware in use and taking into consideration the conversion losses ext, a peak of 3200Whp will be realistic. Sometimes higher and sometime lower, but in that region. (Peak as in just before 12 midday) 

It will start at a few watts as the sun rises and increase to peak production and then start decreasing till sun under. 

For some useful info on solar panel performance, based on installation angle, orientation and your location, see https://www.pveducation.org/pvcdrom/properties-of-sunlight/solar-radiation-on-a-tilted-surface

Edit: This page is probably more useful - https://www.pveducation.org/pvcdrom/properties-of-sunlight/calculation-of-solar-insolation

Edited by NigelL

Reading up allot on “what can be expected” from your PV array, there is a school of thought that says rather than worrying about peak production, rather design to match your load. 

What is your orientation of your 3 strings?

Will like to know what people think about east or west orientation rather than all north?